1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i-SDHC v1.4.1 Upgrade shows MENU ? on v 1.82b -- Any help?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by angelc78, Sep 15, 2015.

1. angelc78

angelc78 Member

Hi I recently acquired an R4i-SDHC Cart, with a 2GB SD CARD. I pass on the files to the SD CARD but when I try to open it, a MENU ? (blue in color) appears. What am I doing wrong?

thanks!

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Re: R4i-SDHC v1.4.1 MENU ? on v 1.82b -- Any help?

First off you posted your question on the wrong place. All Flashcart related concerns go here ---> http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=104.0

As for the issues you are currently facing wait a bit until the Flashcart experts like Prectorian to come along and answer them for you.

3. angelc78

angelc78 Member

Re: R4i-SDHC v1.4.1 MENU ? on v 1.82b -- Any help?

I have an DSi XL at 1.4.1U Firmware and a DS Lite that I like to use with this cart.

Post Merge: [time]1442342827[/time]
    :D

I did some web searching and r4i-sdhc.com suggests that I upgrade the firmware, any one knowledgeable on how to update the firmware for a DS lite using this R4i-hdsc Upgrade cart would be helpful.

thanks in advance!

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Possibilities:

1. Is because your SD Micro is not SDHC (since 1GB and 2GB SD chips aren't)
    2. You'd added wrong kernel/firmware (even if it's from the correct source site.

I'm sure you miss understood. NDSL don't have such a thing as hardware firmware update, only DSi and 3DS does. But if you meant for the Cart using the NDSL, just follow the instruction provided by the site, on condition it is the firmware/kernel for that cartridge.

5. angelc78

angelc78 Member

I tried that with the latest Kernel, 1.82b but still says [MENU?] after displaying loading. I tried it on my DSL and DSI XL (Firmware 1.4.1U) and it looks to me that the firmware is missing, or that there isn't up to date firmware. I'm about to acquire a working cart and will see if that works on my DSI XL using another Cart I will attempt to flash it. However I think I need a R4i GOLD 2015.

thanks in advance!

6. Prectorian

Cases like this best handle via NDSL. I'm not sure what you meant by "I tried that", what have you actually tried? Switching to SDHC card?
    MENU? litterally means the flash cartridge fail to detect the SD card and or the kernel in the SD card is not the correct one it needed.

In any case, if you've made sure your card has the correct kernel meant for it from its proper source, and switching to SDHC still doesn't result any changes to the issue, as well as the same case shows on the DSi v.1.41-U. Then it can only likely mean 1 thing; the flash cartridge is damage, thus you'd probably have to buy new one. If you do decide to buy another, avoid those with the name "upgrade" in it, they're low-end clone rip off. Better go for an R4i 3DS Gold SDHC from sources like r4ids . cn or r4idsn . com. It support DSi v.1.45-U and latest 3DS firmware too.

Good luck.

7. angelc78

angelc78 Member

I have a Cart that is simply working, sometime ago I stopped using it and forgot what Kernel was inside, now I tried to update it by loading on the SD Card its sources but everytime I have tried that it says "MENU?"... now I think it is just that the Firmware is wrong or missing, since there are no firmware available on the website r4i-sdhc . com I'm left wondering where to obtain such firmware?

8. Prectorian

If it had worked before whatever changes you did to the content of the SD Micro, and only if you had backed up the content of that SD Micro; restore the content to its working state (where MENU? didn't appear previously). In which case, you can then add TTMENU/YSMENU to make it up to date. YSMENU/TTMENU by RetroGameFan/Jhon 591 is the only third party kernel/firmware that will support all NDS games (not 3DS!) released to date.

Reading what you said above, clearly suggest you messed with the SD Micro content, and had added wrong files to it. Unless, I understand wrongly what you're implying in your statement.

9. angelc78

angelc78 Member

Thank u, I think that concludes my topic.

10. messywhite

messywhite Active Member

The card is an old version. I think you should buy new R4I SDHC card