1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4SDHC v1.34 + Ysmenu v7.01 upgrade issue

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by scvaldecanas, Apr 3, 2015.

1. scvaldecanas

scvaldecanas New Member

I was trying to update my DSLite from v6.97 to v7.01. What I did was I first reformatted the uSD card then copied the R4SDHC v1.34 in to the uSD, then deleted the following:

_PATCH folder
    _system_ folder
    _DS_MENU.DAT
    _DS_MENU.INI
    r4dldi.dat

I then copied all the files from the v7.01 update. Booted my DS and saw "Booting TTmenu.sys". When the message disappeared, the lower LCD gets stuck in white background. Everytime I turn on my DS I can go to the game loading screen then the LCD gets stuck in white again.

I did the same procedure but this time tried v6.98 and I did not encounter any problem. The system successfully loaded showing the Pokemon background with RGF v6.98 shown on the lower right of the LCD.

Tried again updating to v7.01. Reformatted the uSD, copied v1.34 R4SDHC files, then copied v7.01 letting common files be overwritten and common folders merged. When I boot the system, I momentarily see homescreen for R4SDHC before it loads TTMenu. The TTMenu does not show Pokemon background nor RGF v7.01.

Is this normal or I am missing something here? Sorry, I am just meticulous with my DS.
    thanks!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Easy solution is to return the cart to it's initial condition before you begun trying to update to RGF v.7.01. Which had worked right?
    Then, just open up the TTMENU folder, overwrite these files; EXTINFO.DAT, INFOLIB.DAT, and SAVLIB.DAT with the latest version. Then open up YSMENU folder, locate a file called YSMENU.BAK (Configuration Settings), manually edit the VERSION using Notepad.exe from v.6.97 to v.7.01. It's just a reminder so you know which RGF file version you're using.

A note though, what you did is wrong. Those files you overridden are the R4's files. RGF's files are kept in TTMENU & YSMENU Folders. Only the boot loader YSMENU.NDS or TTMENU.NDS could be kept together with the R4's files, but also could be moved to any folder.

3. scvaldecanas

scvaldecanas New Member

Thanks Prectorian, so does that mean that even if I stayed at RGF v6.97 and just update the dat files I am as good as being at RGF v7.01?

I tried again doing a clean update to v7.01 (R4SDHC v1.34 + RGF v7.01) but I used YSMenu.ini of v6.97 instead and it booted properly. I then did a comparison between the ini files of v7.01 and v6.97 and saw that there is a difference on Line16: AUTO_BOT-.

For v7.01, this line is disabled as there is a semicolon before the statement while for v6.97 it is enabled. I edited the ini file of v7.01 and enabled line 16. It is now booting properly.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Updates are made mostly to those DAT files I mentioned earlier, unless there's something significant that requires other files updated (rare). So yes, just overwriting those DAT files will automatically result to YSMENU upgraded. Editing the YSMENU.BAK is only so the changes (version no.) is reflected on your YSMENU screen when booted, not editing it won't make much difference. It's just to remind you which version you're using.

You might want to download the latest DAT provided by Jhon 591 in the TTMENU topic.