READ BEFORE POSTING - Search Before You Post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winterreise, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winterreise

Winterreise Well-Known Member

Please, people. Check the forum you're in before you post. Does your post fit the criteria of the forum? If you're posting about an NDS game in General Discussion, it definitely does not fit. That's what the Nintendo Discussion thread is for. I've gotten sick and tired of moving posts around, and the front page of General Discussion should not look like this. I've highlighted all the threads I've had to move.

[​IMG]

If you're new here, read [rules], and use the search tool to search for a similar thread before making a new one. Chances are, if you're posting with a problem about the site or a ROM problem, it's probably been answered before (In some cases, numerous times). We're all too happy to answer your question, but when we have to answer it a few hundred times it gets rather annoying :p

So, make sure you're in the correct forum before posting, and that your post hasn't been made before.

Regards,

Winterreise

ChrysalisArt likes this.
  2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Seph says I can become a global mod when you say that. ;D

Now seriously people, there is a description under each forum's name. Nintendo stuff goes to, that's right, THE NINTENDO FORUM.

3. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

so thats why it says moved xD
    good that i read before posting :D or you will be moving more stuff

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

It's also very annoying that alot of people don't even bother reading stickied topics :p

5. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

We need something that actually encourage people to read the rules :p

6. jazzasidari

jazzasidari Well-Known Member

You could put it as a requirement when signing up make it compulsory to read the forum rules

7. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Easy to bypass... :-\

8. jazzasidari

jazzasidari Well-Known Member

take points off them for doing something stupid and not reading the forum rules

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Problem with that is that then it becomes safer to just not post at all, and we don't want that.

Similarly we don't want to give points for posting because that would encourage spamming and increase moderation efforts. (Also, we don't actually gain anything by it)

10. Avalon78

Avalon78 Member

Well all in all ... I'm a new commer - And I didnt read the rules... Why? Cause every forum has it's rules which are more or less alike. You are "banned" if you use harsh language, if you insult, pick fights or worse (I've been on a forum where there was harrassing on a personal level)...
    For the rest, the rules will tell me prop. how things work on here. Which I rather hear from fellow-forum-dwellers :) No offence, but rule-books can be rather dull ;)
    And you should always check the search for threats - but that also is the same on other site hehe, cause you dont want to be told : We already have 40 of those, take your pick. (lol)

11. Terrormaster

Terrormaster Member

Tha Great Site........ Thanks !!! :)))

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Why was this never locked?

13. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Because people can't contribute to it if locked? We don't usually lock unless people who they can't contribute to the thread. :p

For instance, jazzasidari suggested we take points off them, that's a good contribution and a valid suggestion which probably wouldn't have been given if this has been locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.