1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Restructure

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Seph, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

As you have hopefully noticed, at least if you've been here before, the forum has been restructured. We are still working on moving topics around, updating description text and the last few things so if we mess around a bit then please don't panic.

You are of course welcome to tell us what you think of the new structure but please give it a few hours to settle in so that it looses it's "oh this is confusing" status. Thanks.

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I like it.

I was searching for that board, and had to scroll down all the way in the previous structure.
    Now it doesn't need anymore!

I like the new "Flashcart help" board. The Technical Help board is full of those questions.

Keep up the good work!

3. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Huh?

4. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

The main thing I like about it is that it's in sections e.g Talk, Help etc.
    Definitely useful for people who are just visiting to find help.

5. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It's nice ;)

Maybe some noobs will finally stop asking for help in Jokes & Random thread :p

But I somehow doubt it...

6. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

i honestly don't like it very much because i am used to the old one.

7. Seph

Thus why I said to give it a few hours to settle in. People never like change at first.

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I can certainly read the text better,its a lot clearer now.

cheers

9. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

What?

I was in the process of sending an PM and suddently the forum was in maintenance mode :p
    ^One thing why I don't like changes that much.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

At first I thought my browser screwed up loading the forum's main index page when I logged in just now seeing I didn't see announcements & tutorials at the top of the list (as they used to be on top), so I did a refresh to relaunch the page. When it came up just as how I first opened it I then thought for a while & read the new entries for the section headers & only then did I finally realized things have been re organized :)

I kinda like the new format now, but I'm kinda thinking that the "Graphics Guild" section could also go on to the "Help" section, seeing you can use the section (graphics Guild) to ask people's opinion on signature making & ask for hints & tips on improving your skills with using Photoshop & such.

Also, I think combining "World News" & "Emulation News" isn't good either. Seeing "World News" is broader in scope, whereas "Emulation" news is simply that, news related to emulator development, the fight against piracy & occasional ROM Hack/Fan Translation news. Also I think it would fit in more in the "Help" section rather than just being in the General section.

EDIT: Reply to seph's post below:

Oh OK, now I get it.

11. Seph

Neither of those will go in the Help section. The help section is for asking for help mostly related to emulation. neither graphics discussion nor news are related to help at all.

12. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Looks great! Some boards have a ton of child boards though, but it makes it a lot easier to find things you need. What would distinguish Flashcard Help from Tech Help though?

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I like how simple it is. :)

Good work. ;D

14. Seph

Read the description, if it's still not clear then let me know so I can come up with a better description for it.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Good, now people who are too lazy to scroll down to post a topic in the Gaming forum can actually post in the gaming forum without scrolling.

16. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Well, tech help is about getting a game to emulate properly, on the computer and the flashcard, but flashcard help is about getting the flashcard to work. The description is clear, but they are kinda similar, so shouldn't flashcard help be in a subsection of technical help?

17. Seph

No. Technical help is game related, like does it have anti piracy or need patching. Flash cart help is for discussing the pros and cons of flash carts, errors related to flash carts such as firmware not installed properly or if it's not detected by the DS.

18. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Freaked me out at first thinking something went wrong, then I seen this topic.

It will take a bit to get used to, but all in all I would say for "new" users it may not seem as overwhelming as it was before...if that made any sense.

19. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Nice and simple now, might reduce the number of people who don't see technical help.

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I like that everything is grouped generally, then divided into more specific categories.
    It makes way more sense that way.

We have Gaming Lounge including Game Reviews and then Review submissions, instead of Game Reviews being it's own lone category, as well as including Romline Gamers, which makes perfect sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.