1. This forum is in read-only mode.

sd card issues

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by emohalo101, May 22, 2016.

1. emohalo101

emohalo101 Member

hi yes im having issues with my sd card for some reason discwriter wont write the roms to the sd card anything i need to do before hand like formatting it different for it to work

2. emohalo101

emohalo101 Member

i was told by loonylion to post here as he himself doesnt know my issue that im having

3. emohalo101

emohalo101 Member

if anything can someone walk me threw the whole process of doing it correctly as ive done exaclty what mr.mario "youtuber" did and yet idk

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Different? In what why?

Writing/moving a rom (e.g. .nds) to an SD Micro is merely drag & drop or copy & paste.

If your computer can't send any file to your SD Micro it could be many reason; but most likely you forgot to move the SD adaptor card pin/button (found on the side) to allow write or had accidentally slip it to read only.

5. emohalo101

emohalo101 Member

idk all i know is the sd card i used was kingston and its a 32 gb and discwriter wrote the games fine but i had the issue of the roms not popping up on my menu as it stated i had to tinker with it?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its a 3ds flashcart not a ds one, I believe sky3ds

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Earlier you said this (in red):
    Now you say this (in red):
    So which is it? It's confusing, as in fact the 2 statement contradicts each other.

Assuming your issue is actually you had successfully copy-pasted several 3DS roms into your SD Micro, but you couldn't see all of them at once on your 3DS screen. Assuming you're using a SKY3DS+, since I don't know for sure what you have; you probably need to press a button as informed by the official manual which you probably didn't fully read. See:

You need to press the button on the flash cartridge & cycle through it to make the rest of the rom visible 1 at a time; see the guy in the video doing just that starting at 07:00 minute. Each 3DS flash cart goes through different mechanism, also if yours is a SKY3DS without the "+" then the method is different too. Try referring to the manual provided by the flash cartridge's website, and also read their FAQ topic.

Make sure to be informative when posting assistance request. Remember it's not us needing help. The more detail you provide, the sooner your issue get solved.

Yup, I'm aware because he's downloading 3DS rom from past topics. But the cartridge brand I don't know for sure.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  8. emohalo101

emohalo101 Member

before the issue was modchip sent me a defective t flash wich is their fault not mine and i had stated that it worked due to me using the sd card reader u put the micro into and i get different people telling me different shit, oh u just drag and drop uh no i had to use disc writer dont get me wrong it may be a possability but ill figure it out on my own its confusing enough when their isnt a fucking full tutn or could be when no one explains shit they just jump in raight to adding firmware, roms then it working ... doesnt help when your computer isnt what their csuing sooo. idk

9. emohalo101

emohalo101 Member

and ps for your info. modchip didnt send me shit just the sky3ds+ the sd adapter cord and the usb to 3ds cord and a kingston 32 gb sd chip & reader no info slip no what to do before hand... nothing hence why im having so many issues as ine thing leads to another and i have no idea myself i just go on about

10. emohalo101

emohalo101 Member

i write the roms to the sd chip now ur telling me drag and drop or copy and paste or either that or "doing something wrong" all i knew what to do was update firmware if needed then add games delete firmware or remove it whichever then done nope .
    anyways thanks for the help