1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SD/TF CARD ERROR...what does this mean?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by EZA23, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EZA23

EZA23 Member

My R4 froze last night and I charged it and this morning I turned it on and it said SD/TF card error and doesn't work, what's wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The card may have become corrupted (the sd card) so try reformatting it (back up the files to save downloading it all again) or prehaps the SD card has died.

3. EZA23

EZA23 Member

So how can I back up my saved data that's already on the R4? Also, how would I reformatt it?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Nothing is really stored on the R4, other than maybe some system files or such. All your games and save files are stored on the MicroSD/TF card. That little card that is plugged into your R4.

Take it out, and connect it to your computer. Then copy the .SAV and .NDS files to a folder on your computer. This is refered to as backing up.

Then you just right click on the drive letter of the card (ie. Drive F) and click "Format" to format the card.

5. EZA23

EZA23 Member

I think it's the Micro SD card because when I just put that in my computer it doesn't work and forces me to format, so does this mean I have to format it and lose all my data?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I believe so-your card was damaged for some reason...

7. ndsrom-peach

ndsrom-peach Well-Known Member

theres no problemo! just take off the card and try again when you do this it will fixed Im always doing like that

8. EZA23

EZA23 Member

I guarentee you this does not work lol

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...that only happens if you take out the card while data is saving...

If both the card on pc and r4 say's it's damaged then it might very well be.

I never had that before-both telling me it's busted and yet it would work...

My acekard would let it run yet the pc would not-had to delete the files from the acecard it's self.

Plus if it won't let this person in then it might be busted-normally it just ask to scan for errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.