1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should there be entirely new game concepts or more remakes of good-ol classics??

Discussion in 'Debates' started by neto777, Jan 18, 2012.

1. neto777

neto777 New Member

Seeing as how theres less success in an actual game but more in its hype before its release, what's everybody thought on this?

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i think new games is best. its always nice to play something fresh

3. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I also think New games however if the creator of a game feels like the then-current tech didn't do justice to the game then by all means remake it

4. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Both. New games will always be necessary to take advantage in new developments in technology (the Wii's motion controls for example). But it's always nice to see an old game 'pimped out' with new graphics and it is an easy way for developers to make money.

5. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

New game concepts are always welcome, so long as it has the right combination.
    I have nothing against remakes either. But I think when they remake a game, they should add a little something like an additional hour of gameplay, story or concept.

6. gaynorvader

Like new cut scenes or voice acting?

7. shredc0re

shredc0re Guest

Yeah, or like create side-stories that get you to know some of the characters better, etc..

8. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite remakes is the FFIV: Complete Collections for the PSP.
    It's basically FFIV pimped out with WAY BETTER graphics plus an additional follow-up story that plays just as long as the original.

Now THAT'S a remake.

9. Dickweed3

Dickweed3 Member

I'm old school all the way, I strive for the awful graphics:3

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Or something like Mario and Pokémon but brought in a new way.

11. gaynorvader

Old school =/= awful graphics, in fact old games had some fantastic 8 and 16 bit graphics.

12. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

and the old games had better story line... :s

13. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

and not half-released with the Devs holding the other bits "DLC" hostage right from launch

14. joshks929

joshks929 New Member

I keep going back to old games. So how about new games that are somehow like the old games experiences.

15. enterrador666

enterrador666 Member

There should always be new concept and not remake. What I hate is seeing an good game butchered just for a publisher to make a quick buck out of fans. I heard of the new "Ninja Turltes" that does not have "Mutant" or "Teenage" in it. Well guess what, that is a new concept and should not be compared to the beloved TMNT, same goes for games. Leave classics alone and create a new brew...

16. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

We need more modern military shooters with a two hour campaign and repetitive multiplayer.

17. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

take of your nostalgia glasses, old games had little to no storyline

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends on the game.

19. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.
    Heavy rain has a better storyline than donkey Kong.

20. I-Fatman

I-Fatman Well-Known Member

Old-school is written all over me and I like remakes but I love to play new games with new characters and story. Variation is nice.