1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should there be entirely new game concepts or more remakes of good-ol classics??

Discussion in 'Debates' started by neto777, Jan 18, 2012.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

new game concept? nah, we need more CoD clone, new game concept like heavy rain sucks.

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Heavy Rain is a bad example.

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Planescape: Torment has a great story, I dare say better than most modern games.

4. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

A mix of both is never a bad thing.

On one hand, you can have the pleasure of reliving your favorite games, remastered and remade into the current gen consoles. Yet, having too much "remakes" can quickly sour out even the most hardcore of fan-bases.

In the other hand, you can have brand new games, with new characters, new stories and new places "you" can explore and love. But if the said game becomes way over its head, it might alienate gamers.

So a balance of new and remakes should be done.

5. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

So...How the industry appears to be right now.

6. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

pretty much

7. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

If we don't release remakes and ports of classics, the current generation won't know of the classics that were great then.

While classics are great, you can't continue playing the same game over and over now, can you? We NEED new games with fresh new concepts especially in a gaming market where companies strive off of franchises. Because of how the market works, companies are reluctant to release these "new" games and only rely on selling sequels of previous best-sellers and award-winners (I'm talking to YOU, Activision, and Capcom).

We need new games. We can't play the same thing over and over again.

That said, I'm really glad Operation Rainfall happened when it did. It proves that I can believe in Nintendo and Reggie Fils-Aime again to release unique and original titles. There isn't anything wrong with making all these Mario and Zelda games (they also try to add something fresh and new to the formula, actually) but I'd like some new experiences as well.