1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sky3DS...is this thing too good to be true?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buchichu, Nov 22, 2015.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

So I've resisted, especially considering there's been no simple way to play 3DS roms for so long, but after seeing the price tag of $67 on Stella Glow (I'm in Canada) and over $50 for shovelware games, I refuse to buy any more 3DS games.

Does this thing actually work? Is this the 3DS flashcart I've been waiting for??

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Okay, first off it's a yes, the Sky3DS does work.
    It's probably the most functional 3DS card on the market, but not the best. That's still held by Gateway.

But yes, this card does support 10.3.0-28, it does work with nearly every ROM and it can play online.

Edit: Ensure you buy the "Blue Button" version of this card. This has all of the new features, whereas the old card released by the team does not.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

It's the only card that supports all 3DS systems and firmware.
    Yes, it's definitely worth it.

4. buchichu

Fabulous. To hell with this Candian mark up; I'm boarding the pirate ship again.

McCrazy likes this.
  5. buchichu

Okay guys, having some trouble finding a reliable rom download site. Suggestions?

6. athemoe

We're not allowed to link other rom sites, but maybe the number 43 can help you out.

7. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

wth. Romu is the best site to download roms.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Not really for 3DS yet.

9. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

*plays dramatic music*

10. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

This interests me, do they ship to countries outside USA/UK etc.? I'm in South Africa.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Sky3DS use reseller services to sell their stuff (they don't do it directly).
    Have a look at their reseller list and find one closest to you. Best buying from somewhere in Brazil, UK or one of the Chinese stores.

Edit: Just noticed they released a new card - the Sky3DS+. I'll look into it.

12. athemoe

Definitely get a Sky3DS+ instead of the original. It's a lot more convenient to write games to your SD/change roms.

13. usernameladiesman217

Awesome stuff, I just read about it as well.

But these flash carts become invalid with every Nintendo Firmware update right? Meaning you need to buy a new flash cart each time? With shipping (usually $70) to my country each time I'm essentially paying double the price.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

usually you just need to update the firmware or kernel on the flashcart before updating the console firmware.

usernameladiesman217 likes this.
  15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

That was the case with the original Sky3DS. Not anymore.
    Apparently the new one, according to their site anyway, is "Firmware updatable".

So I highly suggest buying the new Sky3DS+ and you should be fine from there :)

16. usernameladiesman217

Great Stuff! Thank you.

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

My pleasure.
    Happy buying.

18. athemoe

Not really. It emulates a gamecard so it's hard to block.
    I have a Sky3DS blue button and it runs perfectly on the latest 3DS firmware, never had to update my card.

19. usernameladiesman217

Alright, so there's actually a few of these being sold on my country's version of ebay, but none of the newer ones, the process allows me to bypass shipping so I'll wait for a while.

20. usernameladiesman217

I'm happy to hear that, since there's a good chance I'm at least going to buy Smash Bros. for the online and obviously it'll need to be updated.

I'm still confused about headers though so I got to do some research on that.