1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sneak Peek & Change Log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

active member etc I think is based on post count. Staff member is on/off. and built in to xenforo. We will be working on this kind of thing in good time

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Just noticed, a lack of dates in comments on the main site?
    I feel like that was there originally...

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The post dates are written below the dotted lines, while edited post are show to its right.

Anyway, I noticed we've;
    Administrator, Modereider :rolleyes:, Active Member, Member, New Member, and Guest.
    Kind of vague. Especially when comes to Banned Member grouped as Guest.

4. ChrysalisArt

ChrysalisArt Well-Known Member

banner member?? @.@

(I wonder what the little green color the upper left my avatar)

5. Loonylion

banned, i.e people that are no longer allowed on the site.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It means you're online.

7. ChrysalisArt

owhh.. thanks for info

8. ChrysalisArt

thanks for info

9. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Is the new profile post box (one on the right side below new posts) always remains blank or is it just mine?

[​IMG]

10. Prectorian

That? It's like that. Because so many newbies think that's a chatbox to ask questions. When actually that's to make public your status update. Since reminding them each time they mistook its purpose is too troublesome, best choice was minimize it as it is now.

11. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

damn

So will this be restored? Otherwise it will remain as an unused feature right?

12. Prectorian

You can still post in your profile update. It just won't be publically visible unless someone open you profile.

13. Loonylion

no it will not be restored.

14. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Oh wow, the new site & forum looks great. I'm surprised & glad that the migration was done so smoothly.
    I hope all the best for the admins still maintaining this forum!

15. Prectorian

Seph,

I notice you changed the layout of the main site tabs a bit. I think you need to consider editing further;
    1. Remove the 'Newest Game" and "Popular Game" list from the ACCOUNT tab, because that's double since those are already in the FRONTPAGE.
    2. Add the ability to edit or view more user's information under ACCOUNT e.g. their number of posts, points (download points & activity points), what trophies they had earned, last successful login/logout, their latest download, etc.
    3. Remove the ROM tab since again those are already on the FRONTPAGE. Unless you choose to move those the other way round from FRONTPAGE to ROM.

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The logic behind 1 and 3 is that after logging in you're often taken to your account page, I don't want that page to be a dead end. This latest change was actually driven by heatmaps and recordings of people using the site so it is quite needed.

I would love to do number 2 but that functionality sadly isn't there yet.

17. Prectorian

If that's the case then it's understandable move.

18. Seph

Actually after recording heat maps and tracking people's movements across the site, I found quite a lot of surprising issues I wouldn't otherwise have noticed. Was an amazing tool to have access to.

19. Prectorian

I wonder what those issues are. I do have some clue which sections and topics are mostly frequented these days by both members and guests. If only it could help resolve the download error some regular members are suffering. It's weird how some kept getting that problem when others don't. I think it was mostly triggered from their side and the system simply reacted accordingly.

20. Seph

I might have solved the download issue last night. The connection decreaser wasn't reacting properly to HTTP/1.0 connections, which apparently some download managers will sometimes fall back to. No idea if this fixes all of the issues but it should fix some of them.