1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sony released firmware 3.0 Read more

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lancaster, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

What's so special about this update. Honestly nothing really. You will be able to use the PS1 emulator supplied by Sony, but here's the catch. You need a PS3 in order to download PS1 isos. What a rip off. It isn't work updating unless you don't play homebrew, don't mind forking up $600 for the PS3, and money per iso. Nice try Sony.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

umm download them from here? :p

3. Lancaster

it might be possible that they will use a different format for the games. I'm not sure though, but we'll see.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think that is unlikely. if that was the case then the PS3 by definition is not backward compatable; they're re-releasing the games

5. Lancaster

I haven't checked it the PS3 was backwards capatible. I wouldn't see why not. I think Sony is hurting financially to make a move like this. Maybe they know it's going to be hacked regardless of the firmware update. Who knows.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Once it's hacked it's all about buying the chip and then getting them from here. :)
    In these cases it's always only a matter of time and patience.

7. Lancaster

Well, I didn't expect it to happen this quickly, but firmware versions 3.00 and 3.01 have now been cracked. WOOT!

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Haha it always goes damn fast, they can't protect it, everything programmed can be reverse engineered.

9. kirbyss

kirbyss New Member

Not really. Just the files have been decrypted.

10. bobdrakke

bobdrakke Member

I think 3.10 due to posts at maxconsoles has been cracked as there is now code to down grade @ 3 and still play new games and hombrew.