1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Square Enix really needs to get their sht together

Discussion in 'Rants' started by ab0456, Feb 5, 2013.

1. ab0456

ab0456 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that there could be a PS4 reveal soon thanks to sony, and since then, apparently (according to a rumor. Probably untrue but i'm going to rant anyway) Final Fantasy versus 13 is going to be moved over to the PS4. They have spent what, about 7 years making an engine that was purpose built for versus 13, on the PS3.

Now they might be moving the game to the PS4 which probably doesn't need that engine, seeing as how the graphics changed from the previous console. If that turns out to be true, i say they wasted their money. A whole 6 years worth of money down the drain.

the rumor: http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/05/final-fantasy-versus-13-going-next-gen-in-2014-square-dropping-name-report/

2. Mr.PowPow

Mr.PowPow Well-Known Member

The title of this thread has been relevant for quite a while....

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Yeah, they need to get the ball rolling and get Just Cause 3 into production.

4. FulgoreSama

FulgoreSama Well-Known Member

Makes me miss when they were just Square Soft.

5. Sensetsu

Sensetsu Active Member

honestly when Square soft and Enix were separate companies the quality of games was far superior to what they produce as Squareenix, ever since they merged its gone down hill, apparently they felt westerners couldn't understand ff7 even though ironically it was by far one of the most popular games in the west at the time, so should have been obvious we all understood what was going on, even so because of this they've been gradually trying to westernize all their games, simplifying things to the point where its rediculous you only have to look at the final fantasy release on xbox360 and ps3, admittedly i still love the game very nice to look at, but its far to easy and very very linear compared to the older games, any one of the older fans of the series will agree with me that the older games were far superior when they came out. I really wish they'd go back to their roots and start bringing out final fantasy's that resemble the original game play with todays graphics.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

The gameplay of the classic games were easy as well.

7. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

easy, rite, *goes back to being mauled to death on FF II*

8. Alias1983

Alias1983 Well-Known Member

Then you just suck, FF has sucked sense they made ff9, after that they made it so any tool can be any tool playing the same power spells over and over and over.

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Bad Mechanics made that game difficult, not gameplay.

Not that the Class system didn't do that, or the Esper system, or the Materia system, or the Junction System.

10. Mr.PowPow

[​IMG]

11. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy has sucked since 7 but I still buy every game so I can complain what a piece of shit it is.

12. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy has sucked since 1 but I still buy every game so I can complain what a piece of shit it is.

13. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

what's a videogame?

14. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

it's those things that take priority over girls

15. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

This chat smells.

16. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You smell.

17. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Sleeping Dogs actually is a good game.

18. Mr.PowPow

I played that for literally 10 minutes and lost interest. There should be a game genre called "cancer" and that's where that game shall live out its days, until it dies of itself.