Star Wars: KOTOR II Crashing After Text Crawl Cutscene

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Shin The Archmage, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage New Member

I've looked up this issue all over the net, but I'm hoping somebody here can help as it is rather vexing when a game you really want to play screws you over so much...

This is what I did.

1. Installed KOTOR II as usual.

2. Applied the v1.0b patch.

3. Applied my Crack (downloaded torrent) and set compatibility to Windows XP SP2, then I copied mss32.dll, never overwrite it, just moved it and copied in the one I downloaded from gamecopyworld.

4. Launched. After char creation, the game crashes.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to use a No-CD Fixed Image, disabled with Pr0t.St0p, but no success... perhaps I'm not using Pr0t.St0p right...

I follow instructions to the note, I can't understand why it would not work, there shouldn't be any compatibility issues,
    Windows 7 32 bit, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Help, anyone?
  2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Active Member

The KOTOR games are difficult to impossible to get functioning on 7. Last time I looked, you couldn't set either game up on 7 and have them running successfully. Maybe that changed though. If somebody knows, I invite them to help so that I know in the future.
  3. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage New Member

Nothing changed... I've tried every possible solution I can think of and I don't really know anybody to help me with it, otherwise I would of had it a long time ago. I'm just going to try Windows XP in Windows Virtual PC... now I need a new ISO of XP... feel like hurting Micro$oft sometimes.