1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Stupid sites.

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by allkratos, Aug 3, 2010.

1. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

6gigs of ram is somewhat pointless, if you run a 32 bit OS you only can use like 3 gigs max, even then, nothing important even really requires that much anyway.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

So, allkratos, what are your thoughts now?

3. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Bottom-line: High End PC is always the bigger physics and visual powerhouse than the consoles.
    PC is not a platformers home.

4. seriaku

How isnt it a platformers home?

5. allkratos

Unless a lot of gamers out there are willing to buy a controller to play, platformer is not exactly right at home on the PC. Also, I think platformer is designed to be played at about 1.5 meter and more from the screen. That's my opinion as I had a better time playing them 5-6 feet away from the TV.
    An information/stat heavy game like an RTS is better when you're close to screen and has an elaborate U.I for the mouse and the keyboard.

6. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

you know this will probably keep going on till one of you guys say you are wrong
    \

7. msg2009

I suppose it depends how big your monitor is, I can see mine no problems 5-6 feet away.
    My 360 controller also plugs straight in to my PC so I didn't have to buy one.
    If a PC is better for RTS then surely is better for all games? more RAM etc or whatever your argument was, better specs=better games right?

8. allkratos

For some genres,PC is better, for others, console is better.
    RTS being the biggest example on PC and Platformer, God Of War style games, and sport games are better on consoles.
    FPS is pretty close nowadays but I still think the mouse look and assigned-weapons to keys give the PC a slight advantage.
    Customization Heavy, party-based Western RPG like Dragon Age works better on PC as the mouse and keyboard allow you to micromanage your party very well.
    MMO, depending on the type, works better on PC as you gotta multi-task quite a lot of stuff.

9. msg2009

Your basing everything on the controls, you can get keyboards and mice for consoles too and pads for PC's.

10. allkratos

MMO-Hard Drive. (A patch can be gigs)
    Playing God Of War is awkward in front of your monitor.

11. seriaku

The only genre I see that can only work on pc only well is RTS,maybe mmo, but everything else works on pc/console fine.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, I actually kinda like playing on my monitor when I do. The distance from user and monitor makes the game a lot more analyzable since you're closer. It also can be more immersive since you're sitting closer. The only drawback is that having a surround sound set up in more difficult.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I play god of war on my monitor with no issues.

14. msg2009

I play platformers on my monitor with no issues.

15. allkratos

Well, I can't play that kind of game close up.
    It is just me...

16. msg2009

Get a bigger monitor, or a projector.
    We play multiplayer at my friends on his projector using a full wall. I wish I had the space for one....

17. allkratos

Buy a bigger house, I guess.
    The problem with me is the bigger things get, the less personal they will be. I live with a sister and my parents. Gonna move out in November....

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Now apply this reasoning to everything you have said ever and you will understand the concept of opinions.