1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Suspicious Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by dancubs, Mar 31, 2010.

1. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

A few days back, I was strolling around the mall (For those of you who live in the Philippines, I was in Robinsons Galleria) and I stumbled upon an electronics store, and checked their wares. And voila, on their shelves I saw an Acekard 2i box.

It looked legit, much like the other acekard 2i boxes i've held and seen in other stores, but what made me think was it's price. Other acekard 2is I saw went for 1800 pesos, that's around 35 dollars. Yeah, expensive. But the price on this acekard said 1200 pesos. A big cut on the price. So I asked the store lady if I could open the box, and she said yeah, so I do.

In the box, all there was in it was the cardboard that held the cart itself, and the cart. So I took the cart off the cardboard and examined it. What I noticed first was that it's sticker was sticked on off center, so it wasn't on perfectly. Then I looked at the back of the cart, and saw a gold-almost holographic sticker that said "Ghuang Hong" or some chinese romanized name. I didn't really check for the bulge on the chip, but based on my brief observations, could anyone tell me if the aforementioned acekard 2i is legit?

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well look at this:
    http://www.acekard.com/news.php
    I think you should go back into the shop and see if it has the ACTEL thing.

3. dancubs

But to do that, I'd essentially have to take the sticker off. I don't want to make the purchase without checking if it's legit first or not. :(

4. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well it also says there that you can also feel it.

5. dancubs

So what I do is feel underneath the sticker? So, what exactly am I supposed to be feeling for? A bulk? A void? The site doesnt help me make their idea clear.

6. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well maybe if you don't feel a completely flat surface.
    If you can tell that it's completely flat then maybe it's real.
    I don't know about the sticker at the back saying Ghuang Kong

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Although I'd assume it's possibly made in hong kong...or something other place...mine lacked the gold sticker...

If the center feels weird and not flat then it's truly a fake.

8. dancubs

So the sticker on the back that has the chinese romanized name does not validate my suspicions of it being fake?

The only way I could tell right now is through feeling the sticker.

So, if I feel the center, and there is a bump or a void, and it is definitely not flat, it is fake? And if I am positive that it is flat, then it is real? Is there any other way?

I heard that if Acekard official firmware or AKAIO runs on it, the card is legit. Is that true? Maybe before I purchase it I could make em run that test. What do you think?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

..there is one way to test...get some acekard firmware, install AKAIO (latest-akmenu.nds and the other folder in the root of the SD card) and try it on the card...just say your doing a test run because you had too many fakes all this time.

And use games that don't have Ap/ap that is already cracked (say mario kart or gta china town wars...the latest shall easily run it) to see if it even works.

10. dancubs

So I just get Acekard firmware, AKAIO files, a working .nds file, fill em into the micro sd, pop it into the cart and boot up.

If it works, the card is legit, correct?

11. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

One of my Acekards from Dex had a sticker not centred but it wasnt a fake.

12. dancubs

Oh, good. Now the only thing that's really bothering me is the "Ghuang Chong" something golden holographic sticker on the back of the cart.

Can anyone confirm that or testify?

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Just because it wasn't centered doesn't mean that it's going to be real.
    I still recommend feeling the Acekard.
    If it's not completely flat then it's most likely a fake.

14. dancubs

But there are those old ones still circulating the market, right? The ones that STILL have the Actel chip. So if I do feel it, and it's got a bulge or something, BUT, BUT! it can use Acekard firmware and AKAIO, then it's legit, right?

15. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

Just in case i personally wouldnt buy it with all these fakes around an all

16. dancubs

But it's one of the few Acekards I can get offline. And I don't want to order online. I gotta have this chance.

17. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well is there a warranty on it?
    Because if there is, go buy it and see if games work using Akiao.

18. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

And if the sticker is centred,doesnt mean its real either.

19. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yes true that.