1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Technomage bug?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KrossX, Oct 7, 2009.

1. KrossX

KrossX Member

Hello, I just tested the following image Here with a save I made to test the issue (after the third time having to reach that point >_< ), right when finishing Steamertown and entering the crater. It then, just gets stuck at the loading like usual. >_<

I've tested it with ePSXe v1.5.2, v1.6.0 and v1.7.0; and pSX v1.13. With the other tested images, the same issue was reported from a PS2.

Can someone get past that point? Or better, confirm the image works on a real PSX.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Is this from the ISO or CD?

3. KrossX

KrossX Member

4. KrossX

KrossX Member

Nobody plays this game I guess. =_="

Can I put a link to this post on the comments?

5. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

I don't see why not

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I wanted to post earlier, but I hadn't the answer...

Best wait-anandjones will help you out once he get's back.

But...from the sounds of it..it may be a permanent issue-oddly enough...

I bid best of luck-just bump this after 24 hours again if no one replies-someone will help you out, I'm sure of it...

I'll check google and see if this is one of those "odd" difficulties some emulation/system's have.
    Post Merge: [time]1255175006[/time]
    I found an odd solution...but I have no clue on what it means...

Someone else had the same issue...

If I knew about sbi files..I;d help but... :(

Just an incompatibility...it can be worked out...thru unusual processes..

7. KrossX

KrossX Member

Yes, I had seen and tried that before.

SBI is a subchannel dump used in Pete's CDR plugins for emulators.
    It can be extracted from the original media or converted from SUB files.

But, that never worked for me. =S
    I've tried it again with the image from here, but doesn't work either.

8. KrossX

KrossX Member

Sorry for the necromancy, but it was indeed a problem of bad subchannel data.
    Here's a working subchannel data file: http://www.mediafire.com/?gesvqpje6guss57

Credit goes to alaterale from another board, who bought a new copy of the game and made a good image of it.

9. Vageryn

Vageryn New Member

Greetings; I apologize first and foremost for resurrecting an apparently dead thread. I just recently checked this game out and I was quite surprised with it. I'd never heard of it before and it appears to be, like many other obscure titles, a gem in the rough. Unfortunately the image I found indeed has the freezing problem that seems to prevent people from getting passed Steamer Town. The reason I'm replying here is not only to thank Kross X for putting up a fix(?) but to also ask how to use it. Do I simply place it in the same folder as the image or is there something else involved? I use the PSX Emulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. symphiii

symphiii New Member

Yeah I know this is an old thread.. but I'm really desperate and I dunno what to do I really wanna play this game :(

KrossX looks not active now, is there anyone here can explain me how to use the mediafire file KrossX sent here?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

download the linked archive, extract the .sub file, then overwrite the one in the folder holding the game with the new one.

12. symphiii

symphiii New Member

Sorry I don't get it..

[​IMG]

The red hightlight is the one I received after downloading the mediafire link file...

then the blue highlight is the one after I extracted the red highlight.. then what will I do now?

p.s the yellow highlight are the main file of the game..

13. Loonylion

that should be all you need to do.

14. symphiii

symphiii New Member

I will load the .sub file now instead of the original.bin .cue file right? but I'm only getting a black screen and it doesn't load the game :(

15. Loonylion

no you still load the .cue file. the .sub file just has to be in the folder.

16. symphiii

symphiii New Member

Do I need to change some settings on my emulator? if not then it doesn't solve my problem :( maybe the .sub file is already corrupted :(

17. Loonylion

you might need to enable 'read subchannel data' in the cdrom plugin config. Also make sure the filename for the .sub file is identical to that of the .cue and .bin files

18. nacastrapas

nacastrapas New Member

Sorry for bringing this ancient topic to life again, but I have the same problem.
    The thing is, I'm playing this game on a PS Classic mini and it hangs on the loading screen after steamertown.

Is there a way to patch the ISO using the .sub file that KrossX provided to be able to play it on the PS Mini?

I hate playing on the pc :C

Hope you can help me.