1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Nov 11, 2011.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

No gold remote for me but, will still be enjyoing..On my way as we speak..Well, in a minute to go pick up my pre-order..I'll see y'all in a few days..maybe weeks ....:)

2. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

same for me. see you all in a few weeks. :)

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I'm stuck at a place filled with lava and Goron like people.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

How big is it?

5. toffster92

Not that big. About 6 games for the XBOX 360 and around 5 games for the Wii.
    I used to have Dissidia 012, Patapon 3 and Persona 3 for the PSP but once I managed to hack it, I traded those in immediately.

I only had to pay $12 for Skyward Sword! ;D

6. Jonez001

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

7. toffster92

Hehe, U JELLY? That's the power of trade-ins at Gamestop!

If you don't know, that's basically when the shop buys back your old games and instead of getting cash you have the option to channel the money towards a new video game. Usually the shop buys back the games at around 15% retail price when you want cash but if you trade-in for a specific game you get 25%.

8. Jonez001

Nice. Thanks for the tip

9. matthew.villa

matthew.villa Well-Known Member

Or if you like in the UK print screen the game from http://uk.webuy.com/ and change the price and give it to gamestation and get a pound better

10. Jonez001

It is kinda already way too late. I have the game ^^

The special edition of course.

11. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Woe to the person that then buys them used from Gamestop at ridiculously inflated prices.

12. toffster92

Yeah, it's a rip-off sometimes, but hey, at least when you buy used, you get them cheaper than when you buy them brand new.
    Of course, if you want to play new games at a cheaper price, you have to wait like a month before people start selling back their copies.

13. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

If the game is still in high demand, the used game costs just barely less than new even after months, sometimes years (Brawl still costs $45 used!)
    It's a good thing I suppose that some people are willing to buy barely cheaper used games since we have the ability to trade-in because of them.

14. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Why gaming Gods have you done this to me? I'm completing some games on my PSP (well GBA, and PSP games), and Modern Warfare 3 online and Batman Arkham City.....I have my unopened copy of Skyward Sword and have yet to touch it...Whhhhhyyyyyy?..:) Forgive me all!

15. Jonez001

Don't worry. Many people have beaten it already and I am in the second dungeon.

16. athemoe

This game is starting to get more interesting!

I've beaten the third boss.
    The cutscene afterwards (the fight with Ghirahim and Impa) was awesome!
    wtf, Impa from OoT in this game? Sweet! :D
    I just got my harp, I'm not sure what it does though since I had to quit the game after that event.
    Stupid exams D:<

17. toffster92

Hah! That's where the game REALLY picks up in terms of difficulty, puzzle ingenuity and just plain awesomeness. You're in for a treat!

18. Jonez001

Lucky I read all inside the spoiler. I hate ruining the game for myself.

19. athemoe

harr harr

20. Jonez001

Akane...