1. This forum is in read-only mode.

'the save data could not be accessed or not found?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by simmosgems, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simmosgems

simmosgems Member

Hi guys quite new to this but here goes anywas tried downloading dns game onto my daughters r4 but on most of the games i have tried it says the save data could not be accessed reinsert card and try again ? is it something i am doing or the daownload please help my daughter is driving me mad ! thanks in advance....

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Read this

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. blazergame

blazergame Well-Known Member

It needs to be patch so that newer games could be played

4. Bluefroggle

Bluefroggle New Member

Hi, just joined as a newbie and I have the same issue, also with my daughter asking me every five mins if I have solved it!

I have several games on the R4 card which DO work. The latest one I have tried (Club Penguin as it happens) does not work. Does that mean I just need to add the ARM7 patch? i.e. I do not need to do any more?
    Thanks.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Maybe, you'll have to try.

Others have had issues with Club Penguin on the R4, but I cannot say whether the ARM7 patch fixes it or not. It likely does.

6. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, you need to make sure you have the latest firmware. You can get that here: www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds . But after that a bunch of games still won't work (the latest firmware is pretty outdated) so you'll need to do an arm7 patch. There's loads of info on how to do that on the forum.

7. Bluefroggle

Bluefroggle New Member

The ARM7 patch i have just tried works after reading all the tutorials etc. So now I will have an afternoon of peace from my daughter while I watch the grand prix...

Thanks for help.

8. simmosgems

simmosgems Member

really sorry to sound like a technophobe but what is a arm7 and how do i use it ?

please help.......

9. simple explanation is you replace the arm7 (and in some instances arm9) file from the game you want to play, with an arm7 that has been ripped from a game that does work. This lets your game "see" the proper size .sav file to run the game.

Patching it does exactly this. You can decompile the game and hunt for your own proper arm7 and replace/recompile, or you can use a program to do it for you.

10. simmosgems

simmosgems Member

guys am so so sorry to repeat myself but i still dont understand if possible can you tell me step by step the actions i nee d to use in order to get my daughters to play? ???

thanks in advance ?????

11. Search "arm7" + "patch" + "NDS" on GooGle.

12. simmosgems

simmosgems Member

Actually i do have a daughter she is 4 years old and sitting right here next to me thank you very much, what would make u suggest such a cruel thing ? i am new to this type of thing and was asking for the simplest way to figure this out as she has been waiting for me to do it for over a week ........how rude

13. Search "arm7" + "patch" + "NDS" on GooGle or this forum. Simple instructions await you around every corner!

14. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I agree, search google. There are loads of step by step guides for arm7 patching.

15. Your answer lies in wait here, my shining beacon of light!

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

"Why ARM7 patch?

If updating firmware doesn't solve your problem, you need to try this to see if it will work. Basically, all newer or certain games have a newer executable system file (ARM7 binary), and flashcarts such as the R4 are not compatible with this version, which means you will usually get the errors "The save data could not be accessed." or "Unable to access save data." and other variations. With ARM7 patching, you basically get the ARM7 binary bin file from an older ROM (that indeed works on your flashcart), and then replace the newer ARM7 binary in the new ROM. In most cases, this will work, since your flashcart is completely compatible with this older version of the binary. To use the programs linked at the top of this post, please read the .txt files that come with it, they should explain how to use it. Otherwise post a new topic if you run into any issues. If the patched ROM works, good for you. If it doesn't, try getting the binary from another older ROM that still works, and try again. Then if that doesn't work, wait for new firmware, or simply, get a better flashcart."

There, my beautiful jaded flower!

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest firmware before considering ARM7 patching. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/ It is also not related to the save-file at all.

17. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

what R4 are you using

R4 or R4 SDHC?

When people say R4 they down't take a look to see if it says R4 SDHC or not

18. simmosgems

simmosgems Member

It just says R4, Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.