1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL]Genuine or Fake PhotoFast CR-5400

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by mikeac, Feb 6, 2010.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Hey, this is just a simple fake test for the Dual Slot Photofast Memory stick pro duo adapter whatever that I just got today, and many people have now. I just got it off the website, but it is kinda hard to find so, here.
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure mine is real, but the box is kinda shifty, it doesn't have any address or warning info where it should be (under the bar code and recycle info).

Notes:

If only using one card, insert into the slot labeled 1.
    Recommended to only use two cards of the same make and size, but still works using different size and make.
    Format in a SONY product when using new MicroSD cards.
    Do not remove card, write data, then reinsert into the adapter, the data will be unreadable in the adapter.
    Card is hard to insert into PSPs. Some extra force can be needed.
    When reusing you MicroSD cards for other devices, take any card out of slot two (using only slot 1), Backup data and format card. Card can be safely reused without data loss.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not bad, but that's a premade tutorial from a website simerlar to the acekard one...

Ether way, fake or real, that thing has slow read speeds, I used 2 8gb sd's and I got slowest of speeds on these because it has to read 2.

Mine seems to be real thanks to the guide you posted though, not that it helps since i stopped using it because of the read speeds.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I only use one in it, and if I absolutely NEED two, I use an 1GB with a 4GB, but that still doesn't work well.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Seems like a waste...just one....

I'd buy a real sony memory stick, I got tones of emulators and games which I swap constantly :p

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I only use my photofast for music, pics, and UMD playing, and I rarely use the 4GB SD card with it, cause I use it only with my non-CFW psp.