1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

thanks ill use the card & pokegen .

2. Maltheo2005

Maltheo2005 Active Member

I'm having troubl in Setting up In-Game WiFi when I select TEST CONNECTION.
    It says:

Unable to obtain IP Address. Move within range of the access point or check DHCP settings. For help, visit support.nintendo.com

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The emulator uses WinPcap to function like it's on-wireless, when in reality it's using LAN Broadband cable via modem-router.
    Your issue with the save file is probably because your save file created from the older DeSmuMe need to be 'imported', not just cut and paste to the battery folder. I've no idea what you mean by 'missed something', just follow the steps on page 1. And yes, the whole idea is to use LAN Broadband cable (internet connection) via modem-router, no need wireless router. As long as it's not dial-up or connection via USB Dongle Modem.

I assume you are using LAN Broadband cable + modem router, and you had did the setting properly?
    If you had, just enter your IP, DSN and other data needed into the WFC. Then try again.
    If you are not using LAN cable, modem-router, etc. Then it won't work.

4. Maltheo2005

Thank you for the quick response. I'll try that IP settings, will post here for update. :)

I can't enter IP and DSN in the WFC. It doesn't allow me. I'm on LAN and it should work right?

EDIT 1: The connection was successful but when I try to access the wifi on game, it says "Unable to Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Error code: 20100

EDIT 2: Downloaded different firmware and came back to error 52000. I'm on LAN but it's not Ethernet, will it work?
    WiFi Settings> Infrastructure settings > bridge network adapter > (1)NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver
    (2) MS Tunnel Interface Driver

5. Prectorian

Then I assume you can't use the infrastructure? Can you please elaborate about your internet setup, etc.

Edit:

How are you connected? Is it telephone line - modem - router - lan cable - pc? And which OS are you running?
    Make sure to use the appropriate one x86/x32 or x64. It could also be the cause.

As for talking about networking and hardware......at times like this I need Loonylion's help.

6. Maltheo2005

I'm using modem broadband LAN. I don't see ethernet on WFC settings but I can still use Infrastructure and my connection is successful when I use MS Tunnel Interface Driver.

Now I'm connected again in WFC but when Game Sync, it displays 20100.

EDIT: Im using Windows Vista, x86

7. Prectorian

Ooh...I get it, I think. Let me see...

You had 'test connection: successful', then you had choose GAME SYNC, did you successfully did the GAME SYNC ID generated?
    Did you already acquired the C-Gear from in-game? If you had already acquired C-Gear from in-game, and did the GAME SYNC ID registration
    successfully, next thing to do is create an account in pokemon.com, register your ID into the site. Wait 24 hours (real time) before you get to play online.

If what I stated isn't the case, where you had got C-Gear from in-game, but fail to GAME SYNC, try doing this : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=54397.msg1420774#msg1420774. But the IP and GATEWAY should use what your device/provider gave you.

8. Maltheo2005

Exactly! Okay, I'm kinda sure I already had C-Gear from the game but if not I'll check it out. Test successful on WFC but fail on Game Sync with error code 20100. I haven't registered on Pokemon.com, so i'm gonna do it now. :)

Thanks, will post here for update again.

9. Prectorian

Remember once you had registed to pokemon.com, enter the ID generated from GAME SYNC which you had did earlier. Then wait 24 hours, you can't send any pokemon to the PGL website tonight (if you do so tonight, you'll see this error "run dry need 1 day to recharge), tomorrow around this time you should be able to do so. Also, careful not to damage your save file, it contain the GAME SYNC ID you had generated, once you had it registered it's permanent, cannot change, thus if your save file become corrupted or lost, you'll end up having to create a new account in the site.

10. Maltheo2005

Okay got it. I tried the tutorial you referred me to, which is manual setting up the connection. I get the error code: 51099

"Unable to find a compatible access point. Confirm SSID settings or move within range of a compatible access point."
    What does this mean?

11. Prectorian

Meaning you entered a string of digits not meant for your internet. If you had that test connection successful earlier, just stick to that for now. What I meant with sending that link was, if you needed to edit the WFC, follow the method, but use the IP and Gateway provided by your internet provider.

12. Maltheo2005

Okay so to clear things out,

(1) C-Gear. Confirmed
    (2) Game-Sync ID Registration/WiFi Connection Settings. Confirmed
    (3) Register to Pokemon.com. Next right?

13. Prectorian

Right. Do so, and input that GAME SYNC ID you had generated to the pokemon.com's PGL website. If you're using the EU or US rom, sign up here : http://en.pokemon-gl.com/, and make sure to register that ID there. Tomorrow around this time, you can start sending your pokemon to sleep via in-game GAME SYNC's C-GEAR. Remember, you can only send 1 pokemon to sleep and wake it up once per day, play in the PGL site's Dream World for 1 hour. Once you wake the pokemon up, make sure to go to the ENTRELINK option in that C-GEAR, take the items from a guy there, and collect your pokemon from the forest behind him. Most important is the item, you won't be able to wake up another sent pokemon if you haven't take the items you received from previous activity.

INFO:

For those of you living in the USA with DS Console (NDS/DSi/3DS) and original game cartridge (not rom/flash carts/emulator), there's going to be a new battle event on January 20th. Read below:

[​IMG]

If any of you reading this do join the event, please link and send us a copy of that badass Cloyster pokemon. :p

14. Maltheo2005

I think there's a problem. I don't know how to get Game Sync ID if I can't even access Game Sync. :/

EDIT: I am now connected. I solved the problem by using DeSmuME 0.9.7 svn4219 x86 :)

To help others who are experiencing the same error code 50000 and 20100. Here's what I did:

Error 50000:
    (1) Go to WiFi Settings and switch to different Infrastructure Settings. For instance, if you initially chosen the Ethernet controller, select a different type without pressing OK and select Ethernet controller back again then click OK (Or just do other changes). It should restart the game. After that, you might encounter error 20100.

Error 20100:
    (2) Use DeSmuME 0.9.7 svn4219 x86 and follow the whole steps again. That's all.

15. Prectorian

Good, you've solved it. So now I assume, you really have generated the ID, created an account in the site, input the ID, and now waiting 24 hours?

As for that feedback/suggestion, thanks.....hopefully someone could find it useful.

16. Maltheo2005

Yes, i'm all done and registered. Just waiting to be allowed for dreamworld.

Well, if it weren't for you. :) Thanks a lot.

17. Svenerator

Svenerator New Member

Hiya, I've been using the WiFI desmume for quite some time now, last weekend I gotten myself an urge to try pokemon black 2. I get error code 84020 (Nintendo maintenance or problem with Internet setup). Pokemon black 1 Worked FINE (yay). It can connect to WFC just fine but when I try to find an opponent using random matchup it will search for a while and then give me this error code. Is this common? I tried 3 different releases of the desmume wifi all giving 84020.

18. Prectorian

If the issue is the PGL website is under maintenance then just wait until it's back up and running.
    You should try going to the webpage and see if it's down or not. Different region are subjected to different
    maintenance schedule from Nintendo. Be sure to check their site for info.
    It could also be due to temporary down-time case, which normally return to normal after several hours.

19. Svenerator

Svenerator New Member

Still the same, I checked the website since monday and it works. 3 days long same error 84020. I suppose you have no other solution, thanks anyway. I'll try to setup a totally new desmume on my desktop and then see how it goes.

20. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

just got some questions :

1. it seems that there is a French keldeo event going on so can we access this event with a US rom ?
    2. i have been using pokegen, so how do we set "got from trade" status in pokemon so that we can trigger some in game events ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.