1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPuRe BLiiTzZz

iPuRe BLiiTzZz New Member

Im really badly stuck

The ARM9 ARM7 and Firmware images where do find these files? what are they called when i find them. And i keep ettin error code 520000 dunno how many 000's tho. please reply and help soon

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Those 3 files are provided with the download package from page 1. Make sure to assign the use of those 3 files in the EMULATION SETTINGS.
    About that error, make sure to use DSL/ADSL CABLE LAN connection, and just do as mentioned in the method. The method is really straight forward. If you get keep getting an error see the trouble shooting method in reply #80 in page 4 marked in blue writing.
    Post Merge: [time]1303293193[/time]
    Thanks but there seems to be some people unable to make it work. And I'm really puzzled about what's wrong since the setup method is pretty straight forward. Can't always satisfy everyone.

3. iPuRe BLiiTzZz

iPuRe BLiiTzZz New Member

Help!!!!

I have windows 7 how do i open up wincap. i press run as 'administrater' and i put in my password press ok but it doesnt run. do i need to press open istead????

4. Prectorian

Just run the setup as it is, and when prompted by your security firewall, just allow it. Make sure to tick the 'allow start on startup'. Install it. Done.

5. cmebladexd

cmebladexd New Member

Guys its really awesome i m playin pokemon black and i have all the features workin except whn i head into wi-fi club i cant trade wid my frnds the trade begins and the cinematic ends bt when they try to stop communication after trading cinematic. I get a communication error and it tells me to turn off.

Wat can i do?

6. Prectorian

If all other features work, maybe its just due to unstable connection or the connection speed is not fast enough between you and your friend.

7. cmebladexd

cmebladexd New Member

So any1 here traded usin wi-fi club or GTS negotiations (GTS system works)? Cause these are the 2 things which doestnt work keep gettin communication error telling me to turn off device.

8. BlackMita

BlackMita New Member

What does it mean when Connection 1 just doesn't show up?
    [​IMG]
    I understood all the previous steps, so I'm stuck. Using Pokemon White BTW.

For now I'm trying Manual Setup, and typing "SoftAP" in the SSID field each time I test the connection. I get about 3 different errors, but half the time my connection bars are actually green! I'll have to read more about solving each connection error in the mean time.

9. kaiserorn

kaiserorn New Member

Is it possible make battle and trade with 2 Desmume in 2 different pc? One in Germany and other pc is in France.

If the answer is yes, can u update main post for the correct procedure ?

Thx in advance

10. fishyfish235

fishyfish235 New Member

Edit: Nevermind. Not working

11. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

You mean pokemon through friend codes? It's possible to battle/trade/gts and everything with 2 pc's as you said.However, DS wireless communications are still not emulated(not working).So, entralink's feature of going into another's worl will not work.

12. cmebladexd

cmebladexd New Member

anybody able to trade with frnds using DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2?

13. kaiserorn

kaiserorn New Member

Can u explain me how can i do that ? Because I try with a friend and we cannot battle/trade between us. Thx in advance

14. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Exchange friend codes.To do that,
    -> Go to PAL PAD.Check your friend code in th pal pad.Ask your friend to do the same.Now, give your friend code to your friend and take his code.
    -> Click "Register friend code" and register your friend's code.Ask your friend to register your code.
    -> Now go to Nintendo WFC(the middle lady in the pokemon centre) and connect to nintendo wi-fi.If your friend does the same, you should be able to find your friend in the club room.Now, you can battle/trade with yer friend.You can't voice chat or use Xtranseiver though.

15. wwemegan

wwemegan New Member

Hi! Im playing pokemon white on ds, trying to use this emulator to play my pokemon pearl .sav file (which i had previously played on ds) and wat to trade from pearl (emulator) to white (ds) using the wifi room. this is an amazing tutorial, and ive taken a while to get it all going smoothly, eventually had to d/l an older version (the one you reccommended) the wifi is working, and test connections are up and running, but...

When i try and enter my friend code for white in the pearl game, it says its wrong, and vice versa. When im using the emulator playing pearl and try and enter the wifi room it tells me that the ds (emulator) and game cart (.sav) are not compatible.

Do you have any idea how to work around this? have spent a while trying to work it out, but no luck so thought i'd ask. thanks a lot!

Megan

16. Adam5

Adam5 New Member

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the tutorial. Unfortunately, me and my brother are experiencing some kind of technical difficulties.

Basically, everything works fine when we're playing separately (only one at the time). But as soon as the other is trying to join, we're starting to get 31020, 81010 and 91010 errors. So in short, we can't be logged in at the same time. It happens in every game that we tried so far. There are times when it doesn't disconnect us immediately, and so we have a few seconds to find the other by using Friend Code. But even then, the game won't let me ( or him) to join the other's game, and eventually disconnects.

We are playing on 2 computers in the same household, and both computers are connected into a single DSL router. Also, we are playing with two different save files.

17. Prectorian

@ BlackMita,
    If you can't see the SoftAP, what you need to do:
    1. Go to the Nintendo WiFi Connection Setup
    2. Then you press the Connection 1 on the NONE button
    3. Press SEARCH FOR AN ACCESS POINT
    4. Choose SoftAP and tap A(OK) 2x
    5. Do the test connection, if it say test connection successful, then you're done.
    If it say test connection fail, then see Error 52000 at the bottom of this post.

@wwemegan,
    If you mean you want to trade using WIFI locally between your computer and the NDS console, you need to make sure your NDS can hook up with a WIFI hotspot. But I am not sure if you can do trading between an older generation pokemon game with the new pokemon black and white. Cause I've not tried doing what you did. I had erased all my older pokemon game's save file and am too lazy to replay the older games for that said purpose. Sorry.

@Adam5,
    That's because you and your brother are using the same connection line, it caused a conflict because the IP and DSN ID that the 2 of you are using is the same. Maybe what you can try do is to add "10" behind one of the computer's IP and DSN ID. Lets say 1 computer is running the DSN address 196.168.100 so in which case the other computer should run the DSN address as 196.168.110. That is to avoid the conflict. But sorry to say, I've never tried this method I'm suggesting. I saw this troubleshooter in another site recommended by someone else. So if it does not work, really sorry. But the fact is that you both get those error messages is because both of you tried to run the 2 computers using the same connection line.

For those of you with Error 52000,
    1. Possibility is that you've not configured the emulator properly
    2. Maybe you have not assigned the use of the ARM7, ARM9, and Firmware provided
    3. Maybe you're not running DSL/ADSL Broadband LAN Cable
    4. Maybe your connection is unstable
    5. Maybe your firewall is blocking the WinPcap and the DeSmuMe SVN, make sure
    to mark it in the exception list of your Windows Firewall
    6. The program provided in page 1 is for 32bit computer, for 64bit computer must
    download a separate DeSmuMe SVN from --> Download x64 Bit DeSmuMe or Newer x32bit DeSmuMe from Here
    But you'll still need to download one of the files provided in page 1 to grab the Arm7, Arm9, and Firmware Bios.
    7. Maybe your DSN or IP address is being use on more than 1 connection line which cause connection conflict

18. Adam5

Adam5 New Member

Thanks for the answer!

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it work, so we gave up :(. Instead, I asked one of my friend (also using emulator) to let's play some Yugioh WC2011, but guess what...that didn't work either! I just don't get it. When we are playing with random opponents, everything works perfectly. But we can't duel together. Here is what happens:

- Lets say I host a duel
    - He can see me with the "Duel a Friend" funcition
    - He joins...and the rock-paper-scissors thing takes forever to load (which doesn't happen with random opponents)
    - After a while, the game eventually brings us to the duel field, but nothing happens. I think it freezes.

Is it possible that 2 DeSmuMe players can't play together?

19. wwemegan

wwemegan New Member

Thank you for the reply :) I think it may be necause i'd previously played pearl on ds... maybe if id started from scratch on emu it would work :D thanks anyway!

20. Prectorian

2 DeSmuMe players should be able to play together on the conditions:
    1. Not running on the same connection line
    2. Both are running on stable connection

Emulators aren't perfect so there is always the tendency to fail at some point. And emulating the games also depend on your computer RAM and processor spec especially in relation to the emulation speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.