1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [Complete Guide]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDamonCronous, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

Odd, I already had the exact same file name for the save and rom. Only thing missing was the .nds.sav part on the save file which had only .nds before, eventho the file was in sav format already.
    Well nevertheless it's working now so thank you very much for this info!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

ubuntu is a joke, try a real distribution.

3. Ravte

Ravte Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, the easy patcher I linked to ya, has been updated for v6. If you got the link I gave ya at first from GBAtemp....they've updated it.

4. Sogard

Sogard Member

So I've tried nearly everything under the firmware sections ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)/// and ///How to fix white screen when starting up game on R4:///, but it after I complete the steps and load the firmware onto my SD card (with and without deleting the original firmware) and attempt to play it on my DS, it simply ceases functionality on the "Loading....." screen without bringing up any OS menu. Any solutions?
    Perhaps, if its not too much of a bother, you could upload a replica of a fully working folder for the R4 SDHC Revolution, as I've completely exhausted my other options.

5. SDamonCronous

SDamonCronous Well-Known Member

Quote from Sogard:
    Are you loading up 'TTmenu.nds' or 'YSmenu.nds' (depending on the tutorial)? It will not normally do anything if you are not running those. If you are then go here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/gb7uxx
    It is a link to wood R4 for clone carts (which R4 sdhc is). It has worked on one of the other people I helped (destiny0awaits) and hopefully it will help you also. If it does (or does not) then tell me and I will help you some more.

Hope it works for you
    SDamonCronous

6. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

Is there a fix for rom image crashes? I've been having them with my copy of pokemon black that I downloaded from your sources. Someone gave me a code but my game still crashes. Need help.

7. Sogard

Sogard Member

Following the tutorial ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)///:

I created a YSmenu system as instructed, however, when placing the containing files (with and/or without including the subfolder TTmenu) into the root, no firmware will load on the cart at all, leaving me on a simple black screen with the text "Loading..." displayed. I've allowed it to 'load' for approximately 5-7 minutes per configuration alteration.
    My base firmware will load when I relocation the folder "YSmenu" into the root, keeping all the files within it, and the YSmenu firmware loads smoothly when I initiate the YSmenu.nds, but it remains trapped in a loading sequence in an attempt to create a "TTmenu.sys" and does not load the ROM. A small loading square in the bottom left corner indicates the card it working, but progresses no further. After removing the MicroSD from the cart and loading it onto my laptop, I noticed that 2 files, "_DS_Menu.sys" and "TTMENU.sys" in the root. I deleted them, and placed the TTmenu.sys and TTMENU.dat from the YSmenu folder into the root of the card. While this did not interfere with the loading of either my original firmware or the YSmenu.nds, or trigger YSmenu to create a TTMENU.sys, it remains in a loading loop when attempting to start any game ROM.

In addition, when placing the Wood.nds and _rpg folder(the one you just linked to me) into the root of my MicroSD, it causes loading failure of the original firmware. If placed it in the YSmenu folder and loaded YSmenu.nds, it allows both firmwares to load, however, the Wood.nds will not appear under the YSmenu as an option.

Well, there you have it. I've tried a few multiple options, but nothing seems to work properly. It could be my original firmware interfering, but removing it causes nothing to load, as does deleting parts of it. I'm not too sure what to attempt anymore, but it's time consuming and bothersome regardless, hence my request for assistance.

8. kirukudo

kirukudo Well-Known Member

hey SDamon, to install on ubuntu just download wine and patch normally like on windows

(to install wine) search "wine beta" in ubuntu software center

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

please add to the OP that the osx patcher works only for 10.6

10. SDamonCronous

Let me get back to you Sogard, this is a tricky one

11. Sogard

Sogard Member

Sure thing. I'm not really overly anxious or anything. Just PM me if anything comes up.
    Thanks for the help. :)

12. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

not trying to be annoying but with my TTDS i still get Rommcode err-5 tried the old r4patch.dat
    and updating my firmware help please

13. SDamonCronous

Quote from triemie:
    You have a right to be impatient, I have taken my time to getround to helping you, sorry.
    Try running YSmenu on your TTDS (by following my tutorial for the r4i sdhc). That should work, becuase even though it is bulit for R4, it is based on TTDS firmware and should still run smoothly.

To sogard:
    Thanks for being patient, try the same thing as triemie, install YSmenu from my tutorial

I hope this works for all of you
    SDamonCronous

14. hondini

hondini Active Member

i used the ttds menu on the firmware section to get it work on the r4i sdhc version 2.0. i also patched the clean rom with the anti piracy patch.

it worked! i can play it!

the only thing is, i can't get it in english and i can't trade with the transelated versions. but i don't mind it. but if you can help me, it would be fine.

15. protoid

protoid New Member

I have an R4i Gold (the one with www.r4i-gold.com on it)

I get 'Load rom errcode=-4' whenever I try to load pokemon black/white.
    I got my roms prepatched from http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2453493/20184303/

I tried to find the hacked firmware you mention in the R4i help section, but I could only find expired/deleted mediafire links.

16. SDamonCronous

By 'R4i help section' you mean 'Firmware section' right?
    Follow my tutorial for clone carts in the 'firmware section' or, if that fails, follow my one for R4i sdhc

Why can't you get it in english? I posted how to translate it, it was my first tutorial. I have also provided links to pre-patched roms. If you can patch it for AP, then you can translate it (it is really just another patch).
    I provide all the links to the stuff for my tutorials in my post, you do not need to search for it.

Tell me if this helps you both
    SDamonCronous

17. protoid

protoid New Member

The firmware link wasn't working for me before. I just downloaded it successfully, I'll test it tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt reply.

EDIT: I get "load rom errcode=-4" after following the r4i instructions under firmware

EDIT2: I tried the instructions under "///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)///"
    YSmenu won't run any nds files (it gives the error message "Unsupported DLDI Name")

18. Obelisk429

Obelisk429 Member

Me again, and I solved my problem. I have a working version of ys menu on my cart, and the only reason it was freezing at the point I mentioned earlier (right before it says what season it is) was b/c of my memory card. I switched from a kingston 2gb card to a Luxar 2 gb card and it worked just fine. So I guess if nothing at all works, and it freezes where mine did on an R4 Ultra SDHC, then you can give whoever is having trouble that option.

19. hondini

hondini Active Member

i patched it with the transelation patch, but my card doesn't alow to play it. it says error-4. and i'm using ttds. but i'm able to play it without the transelation.

20. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

Does this apply to me? I can't use Wood and mine is an r4 clone with kernal just before Wood came along.