1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [Complete Guide]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDamonCronous, Nov 4, 2010.

1. SDamonCronous

SDamonCronous Well-Known Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

Yes, this would apply to you. It applies to all clone carts

2. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

I'm getting "Load rom errcode=-4. Please Reset System" How do I fix this?

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7255/37971897.jpg
    /\ This is what went into my card. Is this correct? although I should mention that the "_DS_MENU" file caused my card to not load at all, so I put the old "_DS_MENU" back on the card & the YSMenu still worked. So, what could have happened?

Edit:
    I've tried this too. My TTMenu just keeps loading endlessly. It wont ever start.

3. SDamonCronous

What cart is yours exactly?

4. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

It's called E7 ds. It's an old cart, but works perfectly like the R4 with the kernal just before Wood was released, so think of it as an R4.

WAIO works, from which Wood R4 mod & WoodR4LS both run games.

Pokemon Black starts up, but at the second screen where the girl starts talking it freezes.

5. SDamonCronous

Well, there seems to be no fix I have found, and an E7 is a really big clone, it even uses the same firmware as R4.
    I hardly ever say this, but get a new cart. You will just run into problems with it. Get a proper R4, one called an 'R4'. You can get them cheap online

That's some of my advice
    SDamonCronous

6. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

Hm. Yes, I think you're right. Should I go in for acecard 2 or original R4?

In the mean while, any idea on how to get rid of the freeze?

7. SDamonCronous

I have browsed a few websites and found that from inspection, more people think that a real R4 is better. It loads roms faster and has homebrew support. Acekard on the other hand, has a better GUI interface and rom compadability. You can fix the rom compadability with custom firmwares though. So go for an R4.
    I will get back to you about your second question soon.

SDamonCronous

8. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

Thanks for the insight. You're one of the few helpful people here. :)

9. SDamonCronous

Thanks for the compliment.
    As for your second question, the only help I have been able to find and offer is to get a new SD card. I have fpund that if if your game continues to freeze after you have patched it for AP (Anti-Piracy), it has to do with cart compadabillity. Try these things:
    Re-foramt your SD card (they can loose consistancy after prolonged use, try to format to FAT32)
    Get a new SD (Sandisk is the best, I believe, for I have had no problems with mine. Kingston is also good though)
    Those are my two options for you if you want to keep your E7. But I would get a proper cart anyway, for clone carts never last well

Hope I have helped you
    SDamonCronous

10. shadowwalke

shadowwalke Active Member

erm I used the YSMenu fix for my r4i sdhc, but I don't know where's the sav file for my game.

help pls?

11. SDamonCronous

Normally the save file is the same place as the rom, I keep all mine in a folder called 'DS GAMES' in the root of my SD. If it is not there, search any other obvious places, mabey where 'TTMENU1.NDS' is located.

12. shadowwalke

yea but i have 2 firmwares in my card, the original one + ysmenu, so i cant find the sav file for ysmenu.

13. SDamonCronous

I still don't get your point, why can't you find the save file, having both YSmenu and the normal firmware should not effect your save file inane way. Try to make a new save file in the normal firmware, delete the one you are using and run the one you made with the normal r4 firmware

Tell me if you need more help
    SDamonCronous

14. SylentEcho

SylentEcho Active Member

Yes, you have. I think it's time to buy a new cart. Many thanks. :)

15. shadowwalke

im trying to put my pokemon black sav file which i created and played in desmume into my r4i, but ysmenu doesnt recognise it and just creates another sav file
    and btw v7 translation is out, and i cant get pokemon black to work, ERROR=-4, even though i already encrypted/decrypted the rom

16. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

Really dumb question incoming: I have an R4 SDHC... is the pre-patched rom link good to go? I don't care about having the latest English translation, etc: just being able to get EXP is great. Thank you so much. *bows*

17. SDamonCronous

The name of the .nds file and the name of the .sav file should be the same. Try re-naming the game to 'pokemonblack.nds' and the save file to 'pokemonblack.nds.sav'. That should fix it. As for the V7 translation, I know it is out. So the game worked before the V7, an now not? Just swich back for now. There will be a patch out soon.

The pre-patched should be good to go, but may need to be patched for exp. and AP.

18. shadowwalke

man.. it still wont work, i still got ERROR=-4, even though i switched to v6

19. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

there is a typo on the OSX section, but thanks for adding, back when i had my mac it would only work if i had 10.6

20. Drance1998

Drance1998 Member

I downloaded pokemon white v7.and i used the ar codes to fix the blue screen and save games problem.but i still can't save my game using no$emu.
    Post Merge: [time]1291447494[/time]
    i changed my sav file name too but it doesn't work to load the game.........
    using the"my pokesav "software shows that my sav file is still exist..........
    please help me !!

Post Merge: [time]1291447900[/time]
    my sister accidently change the sav file to"open by winrar archieve'.how can i chang it back??