1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [Complete Guide]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SDamonCronous, Nov 4, 2010.

1. SDamonCronous

SDamonCronous Well-Known Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

Don't give up, I have one or two more suggestion. Download this.
    http://anandjones.romulation.net/files/ds/firmware.bin
    This problem is said to be caused by an invalid firmware file. Drag that file into the No$gba folder and try to run the game. Or, as an alternative, you could get a fully-fixed version of No$gba here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ho9bdjztt999dni#1

Also, do some googling around yourself. You will be surprised by what you will find.

Hope I helped
    SDamonCronous

P.S Don't be worried about causing me trouble. As I have said before, I made this thread to help peope like you as much as I can. ;)

2. reverno

reverno New Member

Re: Tutorial: How to Patch Pokemon Black and White [For Windows, Mac, R4, TTDS+more]

Tried the white screen patch may have done it incorrectly but I'm still having the issue. I'm using a standard R4 with v1.18

This is what my folder looks like, any ideas?
    [​IMG]

3. SDamonCronous

So do you mean that you have patched the game with AP, but still getting the white screen? Follow my tutorial called ///How to fix white screen when starting up game on R4:///, I thought you might have looked harder in my post for that(it is in the Firmware Section)

Tell me if this helps
    SDamonCronous

4. reverno

reverno New Member

Sorry! Thought the AP patch was for emulators works now thanks :D

5. tsubakix2

tsubakix2 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone else is getting slowdown on TTMenu 6.41 with R4 SDHCs? It takes forever to load between maps, entering/exiting battles, etc. I am using the pre-patched V7 Pokemon Black rom.

I have a SanDisk 4 GB Micro SD as well... and every other game loads quite quickly. o-o

6. Deku7

Deku7 New Member

Just wondering guys, does anyone get the white screen error when running the patched rom on a DSTT? the R4 method is of no use to me.
    My unpatched (Jap) rom still works flawlessly, but i still get a white screen when loading the patched rom.

It has been decrypted and patched with the language patch & i am running Pong and retro's firmware so anyway there's a work around for this?
    thanks in advanced :D

7. SDamonCronous

Do you have the AP patch applied? I could help. Try following my tutorial on how to fix the freeze while evolving, it might also help

Tell me if this helps
    SDamonCronous

P.S tsubakix2, all I can suggest is switching to a Wood R4 for clones or changing your SD card. Sorry :(

8. monu30

monu30 New Member

I did as you told me to. but when i open the patched game on my no gba there is a error.
    when i open the clean rom it says something in Japanese.WHAT SHOULD I DO !!

Thanks for the help

9. SDamonCronous

What do you mean by 'did as I told you to'. If you followed my tutorials, which one did you follow. Can you give me more info on this error, like what it says.

I need more info to go on
    SDamonCronous

10. Rubiron

Rubiron New Member

I tried doing the ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)/// step and ran into '' Error: cannot open TTmenu.DAT ''. Did I do something wrong somewhere, I didn't really understand the instructions from step 14 onwards, the TTmenu folder I'm supposed to drag the patched YSmenu.nds to from DLDI patcher, am I supposed to create it in the YS menu folder? Or is something else? Also, did I patch the rom correctly? I first used the exp patch followed by the AP patch and translation last. Sorry if this is stupid which it probably is, I'm a total tech and programming idiot.

11. SDamonCronous

First, thanks. You pointed out a major flaw in my tutorial, I accidentally put 'TTmenu' instead of 'YSmenu'. Thanks for letting me know, it is people like you who reply if they need help or do not understand something that help me make this tutorial better. It has been fixed and will hopefully be easier to understand. Try following that tutorial again, with the changes I made.
    Personally I like to use the translation patch first, then the AP, and finally, the exp. (if I need it). Did you follow my tutorials to patch the game?

Hope I have fixed your problem
    SDamonCronous

12. Rubiron

Rubiron New Member

Thanks for the reply, and you're welcome. Unfortunately after following the amended guide I still have problems. I tried everything but still nothing worked. I'm using a R4 SDHC, the silver back one. What I did:

1)Run exp patch, AP patch, Translation patch.
    2)Decrypt ROM following ///How to fix universal errors (ERROR=-4, ERROR=-5 etc.)/// until step 9.
    3) ///How to play pokemon B/W on R4i/R4i sdhc (may work on other carts also):/// Running the rom without using TTmenu, i got errcode -5, using it I got errcode -4
    4) I then tried ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)///. But after finishing it, I could not get my DSL to even load the menu, nothing but a white screen. I tried replacing the _DS_MENU.DAT with the original one, but I got no further than ''Loading..." One thing I noticed while doing ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)/// was that when using dlditool32.exe, instead of seeing ''Old driver: R4(DS) - Revolution for DS'', I got ''Old driver: TTCARD IO Library''. Everything else is the same.

When patching the ROM for exp, AP and translation, I followed the steps in the tutorial for each part. The only thing was I did exp patching then AP patching then translation patching. I found that if i do it any way other than running the exp patch first, I get a Data Format Error when I run the exp patch.

13. Pironi90

Pironi90 New Member

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but please, do help me out :)
    So I succeeded in getting my R4 SDHC Revolution for NDS flashcard to work (which means, I can load the OS) and then I'm able to run the YSMenu.nds flie. When I then try to load a patched ROM for pokemon black (a ROM which works just fine with No$GBA Emulator), it loas a few seconds and then, when the bar is filled up for about 1/5 or so, it says an error:
    [Rom loading failed]
    load rom errcode=-4

Please reset system

An image of the error:
    [​IMG]

A video of what I do in an attempt to laod the ROM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEMUfdhpmxQ

I've read every single post and tried everything suggested but I just can't get it right. Is there anyone who has a flashcard like this
    [​IMG]
    and where Pokemon Black (or White for that matter) actually DO work? Could someone like that please upload the entire content of the root folder of his flashcard with the game & save-file for pokemon black (other game not necessary of course) as a zip- or rar-file somewhere on the ent and post or PM the link to it's download location? That would certainly b very great of help for me :)

I also tried the encrypt/decrypt tutorial but that also didn't work.

On my No$Gba Emulator 2.6a it works fine, however sometimes I'm getting an error that the rom image is crashed and it shuts down. Does anybody have a solution for this?

I'm very thankful for everyione who reads this post and tries to help me. I alreade looked on google but didn't find anything that could help me, of course it's possible I just verlokked a good result.

GreeTzZ

14. SDamonCronous

For Rubiron
    Try it again perhaps? Make sure you are using the correct files. Try following just ///How to fix universal errors (ERROR=-4, ERROR=-5 etc.)///, and what cart are you using? If it is an R4 sdhc, try following the TTDS tutorials, R4 sdhc's can sometimes be clones of TTDS carts. Or you could try the link that I provided to Pironi90, that might work.

For Pironi90
    Have you tried every post? Even the TTDS ones, some R4 sdhc carts are clones of TTDS's, and use the same fixes. Make sure that you have an entirely clean SD card except for the normal firmware and the roms. Do not have firmware crosses! That is where you are running multiple OS's and they overwrite one another. If that fails, try this link here: http://gbatemp.net/t255489-pokemon-white-black-fully-functional-tutorial the guy who wrote it has the same looking card as you, so it should work. Some of the comments are helpful also. And good on you for goggling around before asking for help. A lot of problems can be solved by a single search.

I hope I have helped you both, and get back to me with results on the tutorials when you can
    SDamonCronous

15. jklitten

jklitten New Member

How can I tell what version I have?

16. Rubiron

Rubiron New Member

Thanks for your reply and trouble. Ah, I found a mistake of mine, the decrypt failed as I forgot to run the program as administrator. I corrected that and this time, using YSmenu, was able to get the game to run but it stopped at the white screen. Starting the game without YSmenu produced errcode -5. I then tried ///How to fix white screen when starting up game on R4:/// but my DSL couldn't even boot my card, white screen. The problem with using your firmware solutions, ///How to play Pokemon B/W on R4 clones (R4 III, R4 Gold, R4 sdhc)/// and ///How to fix white screen when starting up game on R4:/// is that they overwrite my primary OS firmware files which result in my SD card unable to be booted. Am I doing something terribly wrong somewhere? I'm using a R4ISDHC V2.0 cart by the way. EDIT: I tried ///How to play pokemon B/W on TTDS:/// and ///This is for people who are having trouble evolving using TTDS:///, still stuck at white screen.

17. SDamonCronous

Which cart are you using? In a previous post you said you had an R4 sdhc, now you say you have an R4i sdhc, which one is it. Try deleting all the files that you got from my tutorials and leave just the ones to make your cart run normally. Make sure you are using the latest version of the kernel (firmware). Then try the following in order:
    • Decrypt the rom (make sure it is patched appropriately)
    If you have an R4i sdhc
    • Do this tutorial '///How to play pokemon B/W on R4i/R4i sdhc (may work on other carts also):/// '
    or if you have R4 sdhc
    • Do this tutorial I just made '///How to play pokemon B/W on R4 sdhc///' It is still in testing because I do not know if it works yet

You can try the R4 sdhc tutorial if you have an R4i sdhc, it may still work (but you may need to test some of the different files)

Hope this helps

18. Pironi90

Pironi90 New Member

Well, I tried the TTDS-tutorials and also I followed the steps and read the posts in the topic you linked, and it worked alsmost perfectly. The only problem I now have is that when I start a new game, or when I try to continue an adventure, it freezes at 2 black screens.
    But I tried the newest tutorial for R4SDHC you posted and guess what, it finally actually worked :D Of course, I have to play a bit to see if something doe go wrong (e.g. freezing whan saving orso) but I'm convinced it won't thanks to the great job you did :D

Thank you very much

19. SDamonCronous

No problem Pironi90, now I can safely remove the '[still in testing]' marker on the tutorial. Hopefully it will work for Rubiron to.

peace out
    SDamonCronous

20. Steamkitty

Steamkitty New Member

Yata, an honest working english version, ty heaps ^^