1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Tutorial] How to play DS games on No$gba (The basic program that you'll need)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by g@l1h, Jan 2, 2010.

1. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

So now, this is a tutorial and a little tips and tricks on how to use no$gba. :)

I know the Common Issues thread explained some of the basics for no$gba, but since many people still don't know most of the functions of no$gba, I decided to create this topic to give more explanation and knowledge for no$gba user. :)

For no$gba users, this the program and files you'll be needing :

No$gba2.6a the emulator itself, this latest version of no$gba so far is the fastest and easiest to use.

no$zoomer this addon for no$gba give many new features to the no$gba itself. Such as :
    - The ability to zoom and rotate the emulator
    - You can give filtering to the graphic to make it looks sharp (Need strong computer)
    - The noise reduction option that can reduce the crackling in some game (It may need to be activated for more than once though)
    - The Ex option to fix some games (I'll explain more of it later)
    - You can play the Roms without extracting it from the .rar (It can save some space in the harddisk)

firmware.bin this file is all you need to bypass the Anti-Piracy protection in newer games, such as KH 358/2 Days, Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks etc,etc. It works with currently released games and I hope it'll work for the gonna be released games.

Optional Program
    Firmware.bin Editor this program allows you to edit your firmware.bin such as changing the language or change the DS name.

Or you can get the full packages here :

NO$GBA 2.6a - Full Package

http://www.mediafire.com/?ho9bdjztt999dni

NOZ (E) v2.32 for NDS Skin's added to Full pacakge!

Make sure you have all the 3 program and files for maximum performance with playing using no$gba

Some added info :

Ex Option ranging from Ex 0 to Ex 5, each of the option has their own function which is unknown until we use it in a game. There are 5 games that has their Ex option already made in the no$zoomer. But, if you want to tinker with these option you'll find that there's a lot more to find. For example activating Ex 0, Ex1, Ex2, and Ex3 will allow you to play the previously unplayable Hotel Dusk - Room 215 on no$gba.

OpenGl and nocash renderer some people might won't notice or try to change this renderer settings, but they actually fix some graphics corruption in games. For Professor Layton games, using nocash renderer give some messed up graphics and some graphics won't appear when you need to draw lines in a Puzzle, the OpenGl renderer can fix that.

Still talking about renderer, in the Hotel Dusk game using nocash renderer will give you problem to point-and-click items in the 3d world, and once again the Open Gl renderer fix that.

Even though it give some graphic fix, it's not highly recommended to use since using OpenGl will cause Slowdowns. Only use it if you really need to.

No$gba Debugger fro those who is interested in Debugging the no$gba and try fixing your own games, here it is

NO$GBA 2.6a - Debugger

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8tm3mnmklgob2vh

Password: veta
    Credit to John 591 for the program. :)

NDS Save types you can find it in the no$gba option, it's named NDS Cartirdge Backup Media. Be sure to always keep it on Auto.

Stylus Pointer This doesn't affect any performance in no$gba, but for some of you who wants to have some feelings of using the stylus can change the Pointer in the Touch Screen part of no$zoomer to Stylus Pointer. And here's how to do it, open the No$zoomer.ini file then in the CursorPath= (Enter the location of the stylus pointer, the file name is Stylus.cur for example C:\3dgame\no$gba2.6a\Stylus.cur)

no$pmp and no$wtt you can see from the article here http://whoraclez.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/nogba-utility-nopmp-and-nowtt/ where it said that it's used to fix some games. The no$wtt can alter the speed of no$gba, making it faster or slower based on your needs.

How to fix a game using no$zoomer
    There maybe some games where you encounter problem that makes it unplayable such as having a long black screen after doing a battle and other things. The error I'm talking about isn't come from the Anti-Piracy protection from a game but rather from the game itself. You need to use the Ex files to see if the game can be played after you activate this.

Easiest way to try is this. For example, Game A is having a black screen after battle and nothing's happened, first try to Activate all of the Ex files incase you don't know where the files are located, it can be found in the OTHER option in the no$zoomer menu. After activating all the Ex, try to play the game again and see if the problem persist, if the problem's gone, then you know that some of the Ex is work and now you can try to guess which Ex fix said game, because you don't actually need to activate all the Ex. This method goes for a more Trial and Error.

That's some info that I have found since I start using no$gba, hope it can help to people who wants to use it.

If you have any question or comments, either PM me directly or Post below :)

Forgot to say that the link for program is from Common Issues thread
    Hope they don't mind ::)

NEW: John591's AVI Video 10mb, How to fix "Most Game's" With Black are White screen's on load issue with No$gba 2.6a though No$zommer!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4x1w4djm77rp0a6

EDIT : Credits to John 591 for the new package link, the news article, and Video

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Re: No$gba tips and tricks

Oh, good one g@l1h. ;D
    add some specific function for each of the 'problematic' games.

I hope this thread can help those who has problem while using no$zoomer and no$gba.

3. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I haven't tried many of the Ex combinations, and I only found out this part. :p
    If anyone know more of this kind of problematic games using no$gba, mind to tell ?

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Deleted

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Ah good thinking. :)
    I remember by having thos files can fix the saving problem in FF CC Echoes of Time on no$gba.

You know the link to find one?

6. Jhon 591

Deleted

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Wow, that's a good one bro! Thanks, I didn't know half of it!

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I'll post the link for other no$zoomer language.

9. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Hmm.... the whole package eh ?
    That no$wtt and no$pmp is new files to me, I'll try these package then.

10. Jhon 591

Deleted

11. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Ah yes.... the stylus pointer.
    I have used it but I seems forgot to mention it :)

I'll change some of my post up there later to add this new info. :)

12. Jhon 591

Deleted

13. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info John :)
    Still don't really know how to use those, but I think it's safe to keep the files in the folder. :)

14. Jhon 591

Deleted

15. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

No....
    It's where I put my no$gba, just an example :p

I'll see that feature you been describing later, or if you can.... use it and tell me what it do :)

16. Jhon 591

Deleted

17. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Is it stable by any chances ?
    Does it need good PC at least ?

18. Jhon 591

Deleted

19. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Still.... thanks for the info, I'm gonna put some explanation about it later in the main post :)

20. tim1182

tim1182 Well-Known Member

What do no$pmp and no$wtt do and is there any way to use no$zoomer and NOZ together