1. This forum is in read-only mode.

{Tutorial} Ways to hold those microsd cards, AND nds games.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fallenleader, Feb 17, 2009.

1. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

An easy way to travel with all those tiny cards, using the cases they come with.

Also an easy way to carry NDS games including NDS game sized slot-1 devices.

this is a modded sd case. a regular sd not micro or anything. it will fit a ds game nicely.
    on these you simply remove one of the holding tabs with an exacto or razor knife. they cut easy, the card will fit in perfectly and most have a nice lock to hold them closed. I found this out when i couldn't afford those plastic ds game cases.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now, this one is cool. you can hold 4 micro sd's and one in your slot1 device, that makes 5 cards. thats a lot of space, movies games images music all of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

when doing this, make sure that they're glued even and open out wards, it'll be awkward if they don't.
    note that the microsd case only requires some super glue and something to scuff the parts that glue will be applied to, that makes it stick better. after that, who knows what you can do to make them look better, anything that'll stick to the plastic. i might try model enamel.

~~~~~~
    If you need any help, let me know. yes thats my cyclo and yes the time stamp is broken. my camera has a broken LCD and i can't see the menu to change things.
    Mod made and tutorial written by Sean "BoNeS"

Edit: i think i posted in the wrong section, sorry.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I had one of those NDS game wallets at one point, a little larger than this and holds up to 8 games in seperate compartments.

Also for my microSD cards I followed one of the credit card Sd carry case tutorials and modified it to hold micro SD cards instead. I could fit 4 (though im sure itd be easy to fit 6) in a safe little credit card size case that fitted nicely in my wallet.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Compactflash cases would probably fit without any modification.

4. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

too large. tried. a SD card case can almost fit in the area that a CF case has available.

I have now did the same mod to the sd cases as i did to the microsd cases. 2 glued together.
    a cf case is the same size as the microsd dual case i showed how to glue together into a quad. works if you don't mind the NDS or slot1 card rattling around.

you can always glue two sd cases together and be able to hold 2 nds games.

Edit:In reference to the single case in my photo. TO WARN EVERYONE, SOME OLDER SD CARD CASES ARE ACTUALLY CF CASES WITH A PLASTIC RETAINER TO HOLD THE SD CARDS. AT LEAST SOME NEWER ONES WILL FIT THE RETAIL NDS CARDS WITH 1/8" GAP AND NO MORE. they are a perfect fit once you remove the bit of tab, almost no rattling and barely any shaking. the older cf cases converted to sd have a really large gap that allows the nds games to rattle around. this makes sense since the new cases as pictured will almost fit inside a cf case.

5. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i have 1 mouse, optical and i have to move it between my pc and my 133mhz pentium 1 mmx laptop. with 64meg ram. :( so i just plop the cable down and don't run it behind the pc anymore.

Edit: acrylic model enamel does not stick well, will try good ol' spray paint.

Everything i have pretty much is custom, the desk is painted forest green with stenciled leaves, the monitor is hung on the wal with my own mount. the mousepad is a piece of cardboard because it works well, optical, nver used a pad but the green doen't work well with mouse.
    [​IMG]

see how good the fit is?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and finally, the older style case, too large.
    [​IMG]

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hmm nice one. I threw away one of my cases though. Also, I only need one to be in the DS :p

7. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i jump around wanting to play different games, plus i have 2 4gb cards and a bunch of 2gb's. right now its a 2gb for movies and the two 4's for games. so i'm left with 2 empty slots. and i normally don't carry any nds games around but i do play my retail animal crossing with my sons cyclo one.

Edit: can i get tossed in tutorial section, or sticky or something. i like the comments so wherever i can keep getting responses :)

the clirc thing is harder to understand but that got into tutorial. hope people can figure it out, i offer help for everything i do.

8. BL4CKB34RD

BL4CKB34RD Well-Known Member

Tis' a right economical solution, boyo. Oi still prefer a good sturdy chest, but yer solution seems ta offer a fair bit o' portability. Could totally see meself stashin' that lil' container in me sash before boardin' a merchant or when I needs ta climb teh crow's nest. Ah, teh crow's nest.... right good times. Actually caught a Murkrow while spendin' some DS time in teh crow's nest once. Kinda coinkydinkle, if'n ya asks me.....