1. This forum is in read-only mode.

What was YOUR reason for pirating?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeac, Jun 28, 2010.

1. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

Hmm... I started pirating back when I wanted the GBA games. Fire emblem and Sacred Stones were hard as hell to find at gamestop (I was on a waiting list that was literally three pages long). I found them here (before they were removed) and grabbed them. I didn't start in on DS games until about a year and a half ago, when I bought some prince of persia game for $45 and found out that it was complete rubbish. (I know, a lot of people liked it, but I'm not a fan of games that FORCE you to use the ds stylus, I like to use the D-Pad, call me old fashioned) I went to return it and was told that you can't return games you have opened, but they would give me trade in value for it, which was about $12. I lied straight out of my ass and told them that I didn't play it, just read in the manual that you had to use the stylus and took it back. They gave me store credit for the $45, I bought Fallout 3 GOTY for my PS3 with it, a good deal in all. From that point on, I vowed never to pay for a DS game again. I broke that vow recently with DQ9, because I tried it first (and still play the pirated version, for convienence, but I purchased one to support an all time favorite series). If gamestop would change their policy to "you can try them for a week" or something similar, i'd buy them all the time, but since if i open it, it loses 3/4 of it's value, I simply don't buy games in stores anymore. A matter of principle i guess.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Same here, I'm also a D-Pad guy myself. Not only that, I'm a left handed person trained to play on a right handed controller. By that what I mean is I'm left handed & write with my left hand but am used to a right handed controller setup where I use the D-Pad on my left hand & action buttons on the right, so yeah I can't use a stylus & control the D-pad at the same time. And my right hand has poor coordination as its been trained for button mashing :p

Even worse on an emulator as I use a gamepad & have to use a mouse with my left hand as well.

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

thats a big prob. and i agree, i dont like games that use stylus so much. Thats why i dont enjoy much the legend of zelda games on ds. they would have been better if they used the D pad

4. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Yeah Pokemon ranger was almost impossible to play on a Emulator

5. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

Arrr... the cyber pirate me has long lain dormant, since the NDS section closed. I began when I got my TTDS, and desperately wanted to fill my library of games. Buying the games was not an option, due to me low finances. so what did I do? i found RomU. At last.
    I'm technically a D-Pad user, I'm terrible at the Touch Pad (with the exception of WarioWare Touched and a few others).

6. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Unlike other people, I have no excuse. I have money, and games are available.

I just like free stuff.

7. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

your honesty is appreciated.

I too have money, but have more important things to buy at the moment (finally got a job)

Fallout: new vegas is next on my list
    or dead rising 2, probly both.

I'm also saving for a car, so no money to waste on sub-par games that I have to pretend I like since i shoveled out 35 on them.

8. Canoso777

Canoso777 Well-Known Member

In my Country, DS and Wii Games are SOOOOOO Expensive, and a Chip or a AceKard are way to CHEAP, So I Better Pirate.
    Also, its another way to get new games first than everyone.
    But im no a 100% Pirating, I Have buyed tons of Games on Steam, I can Pirate Steam, But there are tons of bad things (No Achievements, Game errors(TF2 you cant change of Weapon), Search on Web for Special Prated Updates of the game, Special Cracked Servers for online playing, etc)
    So im a 75% Pirating, 25% Legal :D

9. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

Because im azn and us azns are cheap lol. im poor i live in a tree house so how the fuck can i afford buying games and shit... :)

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Please write out your words fully as most of us do not understand internet shorthand such as this.

Also to stay on topic, which do you think is more sinful?

To buy mass produced pirated games on the black market, or downloading illegally hosted games off of the internet? In my country's case those are the only two options you really have, unless you are upper higher class & can afford originals costing a fortune.

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Upper Higher class? That's long gone.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

It depends where you're from obviously :p

13. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

You know now that I think about it, it is rather strange.
    Game developers create games in order to make money, yet we pirate because we don't have money.
    It's sad really.

14. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Most of the reasons in this whole thread are complete bullshit anyway lol

15. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I'm just very poor. xD

Out of the near six years I've owned a DS, I've only been able to buy about ten games total. :/ Personal income as a pre-teen to teenager hasn't increased too much (got the DS when I was 11, now 16).

16. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Don't bother trying to talk to them.Their the types who got something to say about ppl who'd rather download than purchase.They obviously have no idea how it's like being poor as fuck.But whatever.....

17. Dannysikth

Dannysikth Well-Known Member

That's one of the funniest things I've read all year ;D

18. tobimarsh

tobimarsh Member

The pirates life is the life for me lololololol and a bottle of win.

On a more serious note, I mostly do so to test games before i purchase them or to play pokemon in school.

19. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I save money :)

20. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

im poor