1. This forum is in read-only mode.

When I try To Launch ROM it Gives Me Black Scren

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SMiTR, Jan 26, 2017.

1. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

I have an DS Lite using a M3 DS REAL Card (IDK Firmware version) and I would like to play CoD Modern Warfare: Defiance but when I extract the ROM and I've extracted it to my DS and try to play it gives me a black screen. It works with the other CoD games, such as Mobilized and World at War.
    I've read other Forums that say I need to update my card and bypass AP, but I have no idea how to do that and the other posts have a different card than I have. If anybody could tell me how to get the game working on my DS, I'd appreciate it a LOT! Thanks!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You should download RetroGameFan's YSMENU/TTMENU, and install the appropriate folder content from this link : https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/...rogamefan-multi-cart-update-v7-04-f33466.html (choose manual download).

Which folder to use and installation can be read in the text file provided by RetroGameFan in that download. Or read this thread : https://forum.romulation.net/thread...s-i-r4-i-sdhc-r4-i-clones-m3-i-dsone-i.43121/

Sorry, can't help or guide you through it, since I've been busy lately and I don't own an M3 cart. But it should be pretty straight forward if you read through the steps before starting. Although a word of warning from me; do make sure to back up your M3's SD Micro content to your computer before beginning in case you made a mistake.

3. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

So I need to format my SD card?

4. Prectorian

Yes, hence why I suggest you back up your SD Micro content.
    Then again, you'll know what to do from reading the instructions provided by RetroGameFan.

5. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

Just to let you know. Everything went as planned. It was quite simple, actually. Download the files, and since my SD card was already formatted I just dragged and dropped the files I wanted into the root. Thanks so much!

6. Prectorian

Yup. But believe it or not, there's been numerous cases of people who can't despite it easy to do.

SMiTR likes this.
  7. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

So I just wanted to ask another couple of questions. I plan to get a 3DS and am pondering these questions:
    1) Where can I get one for under $100, hopefully not Ebay? (Used or new, just fine)
    2) Which cart will be best for it to play 3DS games and DS games, and what size Micro SD is recommended?
    3)Will I have to update stuff in order to play ROMs on the new cart?

8. Prectorian

1. No idea, in my country it's over USD200 for a brand new 3DS and a little cheaper for the 2DS. Even Amazon is listing at over USD200. For a USD100(+/-), that's second hand price. In my country, we've got a local "ebay"-like site, but it doesn't do international delivery. Maybe you can find a similar site for your region, or try asking your friends who might want to sell off theirs, or know of someone.
    2. For 3DS, most people would recommend the Sky3DS+ and GateWay. But I'm not sure if it also supports NDS rom. In case it doesn't, get a SuperCard DsTwo or R43DS Gold for the NDS rom. While the bigger the SD Micro, the better, however make sure to find out if the FlashCart has a limit to how big an SD card size it can support. Then again, you won't need one too big because you can't possibly play all rom at the same time. You'd probably concetrate on a game until finish before moving to the next.
    3. Yes, unavoidable.

9. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

While I can't provide you with much assistance, at least I can reply to your first question: A new 3DS for under $100 is "way too" cheap. I haven't seen any physical store selling 3DS-units with this price. A second hand 3DS from an online store costs at least $161, and that is the lowest price I could find in my country. I'm not sure if it does international deliveries though.

10. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

Just want to know.
    Just wondering, will the cart fit the top screen with no black edge on the New 3DS XL?

11. Prectorian

Their size are uniform. It should.

12. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

Ratio thing I mean
    I was looking around, and I'm wondering. Will the R4 3DS Card work out? Or is there any cheaper alternative, because honestly $70 dollars just for the Card is too much for me.

13. Prectorian

It's cheaper than the Supercard DSTwo.

14. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

Does the Supercard DSTwo work with 3DS games? If so, I'll get that because it's only $50

15. NintyRaccoon

NintyRaccoon Passive member since March 13, 2017

Based on this FAQ, the DSTwo primarily runs DS and GBA games apart from emulating other systems such as SNES and NeoGeo. No mention of 3DS yet.

16. Prectorian

A flash cart with "3DS" in its name doesn't necessarily means it's for playing 3DS rom, rather to inform it's 3DS handheld compatible but plays NDS rom.

17. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

Yeah, that's why I visit the sites to check if they're compatable. Also, crossing my fingers! Bought a legit looking 3DS XL Galaxy for $38, hope its not a fake.

EDIT: Are there even fake 3DSs out there?

18. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

19. SMiTR

SMiTR Member

Also, can the games on a Sky3DS get updates like the legit games?

20. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

to play the 3ds games in the 3ds console you dont need any cart,you can play them directly on your console ,all you need 3ds console with CustomFirmware(CFW) like Luma3ds installed in it and MicroSD card.

BTW you can play ds games in 3ds without any cart by using TWLoader although not all games are supported ,in this case a cart is better.
    and if you plan to buy any cart i would suggest getting a DSTwo/R4i Gold or go through this Reddit thread : Guide to help you pick a flashcart for each device. and decide for yourself.