1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do people judge games by it's graphics?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by jabaash2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. jabaash2

jabaash2 Member

Seriously. It pisses me off. If the game has cartoonish graphics it DOESN'T mean it's meant for kids. It's KID FRENDLY graphics. Kid frendly isn't only for kids. It's meant for everyone.

2. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

did you watch the ni no kuni trailer on youtube and then scroll the youtube comments... ?
    anyone, it's all coming from the new "gamers" of this generation and some of the retarded ones that are, well, retarded.

3. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

lp2 has kid graphics but most 17 years old play it

4. jabaash2

jabaash2 Member

Kid graphics? that's anything else than kid grafics for me.

5. T-Dub

T-Dub Well-Known Member

...I guess cuz some folks are just shallow like that.

like you said before, not all games with kiddy like graphics are bad, like WindWaker or Viewful Joe.

And there's new gen games with good graphic, but are considered really bad. case in point: Sonic 06, Perfect Dark (Xbox 360) Those games looked beautiful, but they had really bad gameplay...

6. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

People like this are usually also the people who only play FPSs.

7. j c 2000

more like god awful ontopic most are teens that hate bad graphics

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

i play anything, cartoonish games are aimed more at kids...
    the new generation demands more...9-15

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's because people are stupid. I play Animal Crossing and a lot of other "kid" games. In fact, some of them are my favorite. :p

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The cel shaded look in games are the ones that age the best. If you look back at the first Soul Caliber, you'd say that the game doesn't look good and this day and age, but if you look at Fear Effect for the PSX or Jet Grind Radio, they still have good graphics.

Same with sprite, Super Metroid is still a good looking game. The games that try to look realistic are the ones that don't age well in terms of graphics.

11. j c 2000

so right

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

These people (who look more into graphics rather than gameplay) are called..... GRAPHICS WHORES!!!!

Sadly here in my country, a whopping 90% of gamers (old & newbies) are all effin' graphics whores who see us retro game lovers as being "out of the times" or even poor as they say we can't afford "better looking" games so we stick with "crappy old games" :p

13. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

Re: Why do people judge games by it\'s graphics?

well said Cahos...well said.
    anyway yeah I don't know why people like games for their graphics. like in 2007 Crysis was all the game news at that time it wass all "Crysis is awesome" and "Crysis will have the best graphics for years to come". well see I got that game and personally i think it sucked bad. well it's not BAD but just overrated. I have to say it is great in graphics but okay in gameplay. I mean most of my friends talk about "aw crysis was awesome and so was things like assassin's creed yeah so good graphics" and then I come and say "HALF-LIFE 2 FTW!!!" and they say "what's half-life 2?"
    Post Merge: [time]1284270803[/time]
    I mean like if you don't know half-life 2 you don't know shit about games

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Half Life 2 is essentially:
    1. A game that revolves around mostly one gun: The gravity gun.
    2. A game that has unsatisfying gunplay and AI that is similar to the level of AI found in Doom 3 or even Half Life 1.
    3. A game where, if you're not shooting something, or doing something physics related, you're driving somewhere and it's boring.

Granted, I like the story telling elements, but the game just isn't that much fun as everyone makes it out to be. It's a game that has a good idea that'd last and stay fun for maybe, 4 hours (oh hey, like Portal!). But is extended by it's good narrative, even though it's retardedly vague at every turn and has characters I don't give a shit about. I don't love HL2, it's alright, but is nothing like what people say it is. It also had great graphics at the time, especially it's models and talking animation, the only rival it had at the time was Doom 3, that had good lighting, and better textures and that's about all it had going for it.

One thing I hate more than graphics whores (ie the people that say Crysis is the greatest game ever because of it's graphics) are the people that act that graphics like System Shock 2 don't annoy you at all. Granted they were good at the time, playing on these sort of games now is annoying. From the small resolution, to the outdated blurry textures and blurry models. Some games get out of this by going the stylistic route, or artistic route, other games that strive for realism, fall into dated graphics within 10 years.

15. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I sometimes look for good graphics but when the gameplay is SO GOOD, SCREW GRAPHICS!

16. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

we need to get graphic whores to realise that most of the games they play are donkey balls in a fancy fur coat after that well deal with cod whores cod is not the best shooter ever nothing sets it apart from other shooters and i have shooters with better features in online than cod

17. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

well it's okay. there's only very few of you who hate half-life 2 while the rest look up to half-life 2 as a god. of fps. besides quake.

18. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Its funny you mentioned kids graphics because kids are the only ones that laugh at kids graphics.
    They are missing out on so many great games.

19. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

like I had my friend (1 year younger) play my SNES games and he didn't even go through 5 minutes before saying "this is shit".

20. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

if he wants graphics and nothing else he should watch a movie