1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do people judge games by it's graphics?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by jabaash2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39445.0

^According to this, it happened mid-april of this year.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad, i thought it was for the 360 games :p

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, just no. What I see getting more popular, or I want something like this to go popular is an online feature that doesn't really feel like it's online, but still have the single player game. Demon's Souls did this and it's probably the most unique online feature I've ever played.

Not every game needs tacked on multiplayer, games like The Darkness, and Bioshock 2 have that tacked on multiplayer and it just drags the game down. Some games weren't meant to have multiplayer, keep it that way. Games still sell great on the consoles, there's no need to have multiplayer just to avoid piracy.

I agree with having more local multiplayer, also if a game has online, it HAS to have system link. But not games that have 50/50 into it's single player and multiplayer stuff, read above. Some games are suited to the single player, some games are suited to multiplayer.

Trying to please everyone doesn't work.

4. dedboy

dedboy Guest

5. darklordofspawn

darklordofspawn Well-Known Member

They have to quit that some time... original Xbox is old. Out with the old, in with the new.

wow man...no need to be so harsh, i said online play/online features... not just online play.
    Man dont get me wrong...i download all my games. Hence why i dont like online play features atm since there is hardly any online support for cracked games.
    When i finish my studies and get a good job, i will buy my games & play them online as much as i can since i cant play many games online.
    I dont mind online play/features, but then again i wouldnt mind if online play/features was soo popular.

6. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

neither of my friends want to play borderlands with me because of it's "cartoony" graphics. now I'm just stuck on modern warfare 2.

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Your friends are right and therefore better than you. Don't you know graphics are everything?

I haven't played borderlands yet but it looks good, I saw my friend play a bit. I didn't notice the graphics were cartoony.

8. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

you probably should if you liked diablo and FPS.

9. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

its a cel-shadded graphics,and i love it btw,just like i love the legend of zelda the wind waker,one of the best looking games ever

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I saw him do a mission for some guy with one leg, its a sort of rpg/shooter right?
    Looks like my kinda game, ive just been too busy with my other games to get it.
    But really, the graphics are cartoony? I didn't think so....I just thought it was a different style. Cartoony is not the word i would pick.

11. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

Its Cel Shading,many games use that technic,like prince of persia on the ps3/360 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip5o1TcIrFg

12. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

it's minor cel-shaded. okami is cel-shading at maximum

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Except PC games like Counterstrike 1.6 is still playable online, same with Battlefield 1942 and other older PC titles. Although, PCs and consoles are different in this respect, PCs are always able to play the older games, consoles aren't.

I wasn't harsh!

You said online gaming is the future, no, it's not. Games still need only a single player experience, some games only work with one person playing and there always has to be games like this. I won't mind something like leaderboards (although people always cheat on this so it's useless), or a friends list or chat, but having a online component (oh, this is like the word feature) in every game is going against the single player feel and having a human in your game takes away a lot from the game's intention. A game like Bioshock would not work with co-op or versus, no.

Sex only works for some people. :(

14. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Those orange glasses don't suit you. Therefore your post content must be crap too.

meaning, regular people buy good looking games, regardless of content, and hope for the best-

a wise man once said, never judge a book by its cover- but its tough not to-

(real gamers watch game play clips, read reviews etc, etc when buying games)

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Unless if a PC game was made to run on an older OS & a newer release of said OS isn't 100% compatible with said game causing the game to no longer run in the new environment. For example, games made during XP's lifetime having issues running on Vista or Windows 7.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

But still, you're able to play the older games on most PC machines. Usually there is a work around to playing older PC games on newer systems. And GoG.com has the older games running on newer systems as well. That being said, 64bit PCs are more difficult to make work with older games.

The opposite is true for most consoles. You cannot play most Xbox games on a 360, you can't play PS2 games on newer PS3's, you cannot play NES games on a Gamecube (lets exclude the Wii because it has software emulation!).

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Hey thanks for the bolded part :)

As for backward compatibility on consoles. Yeah that's the way things usually are, out with the old & in with the new. Thank God for emulation though, but organizations like the ESA just won't allow it :(

18. darklordofspawn

I dont want online features to be the future for gaming, but at the moment its the only option for the gaming industry. Lost of popular games are now using online features compared to the older games.
    Companies that dont focus on online features suffer a far greater loss than the ones that do.
    Online features is what gets people to buy the game rather than just download it for free.
    The only thing that is stopping crackers from accessing online information is serverside data.

& its not about whether what platform can play certain games, its the companies decision to decide whether its efficient to port the game to a new/updated version & at the same time its their decision when to shut down their servers. After that its up to the people that run private servers ect.

19. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Graphics are extremely important to certain types of games like FPSs and games of similar nature. BUt for turn base rpgs and things like that i am happy with the little 2d characters. But if the story is good the graphic are more of a background.

20. darklordofspawn

I played a few of the HoMM series and i really liked number 3, but when i played the new "HoMM Tribes of the East" I was REALLY impressed! I loved that game, but now i dont want to play it because...its graphics are a bit old & no other game will do it for me like HoMM did. Even tho i like old games there is no other game as tactical as HoMM while maintaining a mythical theme.