1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do people judge games by it's graphics?

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by jabaash2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

What the hell? future my ass.

There maybe some truth what you say regarding the piracy (overstatement though), but thinking every game in the future will be online focussed just to combat it.. you're joking.
    Oh... you're that type of asshat. So you're that interested to play these online play/features? yet you won't pay a penny for them because you're sooo dirt poor you cant afford atm huh? yeah right, where did you get the money to even buy these systems in the first place? fuck.

2. darklordofspawn

darklordofspawn Well-Known Member

You need to learn to calm down. Youre acting like a real dick.

I dont mean online focused...although Prince of Persia has lots of serverside information regarding the activation of doors in levels ect hence why an active internet connection was required to play, but it got cracked anyways after lots of painstaking trial and error. So Ubisoft is heading in the right direction. Players dont like this constant internet connection method, but it is/was a step in the right direction for piracy.

& i get my money from my previous job i worked, now i am unemployed and since then i have been studying. You ignorant piece of shit. You clearly think illegal torrenters are all the same huh? You're giving me the impression that you can only see as far as your nose. Whats wrong with you?

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You must be kidding yourself if you think a majority of the users on this forum used to download DS games to try them and buy them later, same with torrenters. Technically trying the game is a loss sale, even if you hate it.

How is this the right step? You need to have an internet connection that's running 24/4 hours a day, how does that sound good? If your internet's down, you're shit out of luck, there's no way besides cracks and more dubious ways to actually play the game. Also, totally forget the people who DON'T have internet (believe me, there's people without it). It's not a right step, it's the WRONG step in every sense of the word wrong.

Hey, lets punish the players who actually buy our game!

Okay!

DRM DRM DRM DRM

The best way to combat piracy on the PC is great multiplayer features? Yes. Does every game have to have it? NO.

4. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

hah not even. prince of persia on the PS3 is barely cel-shaded at all. well it is PARTLY cel-shaded but I wouldn't call it like that

5. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Here in my country is a example on people who doesn't have internet.
    But they can buy a Xbox 360 (sold more than P3 here due to the easy of pirate a game) and since they can't go online, they just buy a modifyed console (sold in official shops here) and "alternative" versions of games sold in pirated shops nickamed camelô.
    Here a pirated game for 360 is like R$10,00 (U$6,50).
    The original for both PS3 and 360 is like R$200,00 (U$160,00) and even more depending on the game.
    And for also people with unstable internet like me, online gameplay experience is only a fairy tail.
    I play for a couple minutes, maybe some hours if I'm luck, but soon or later there's a messege saying that my connection is too slow to keep playing.

So fo us, we used to go on pirated stuff.
    However no more I'll do it, now I gonna buy the original just for the developer, so he earn the money he diserves, also help governament.

Games that need internet all the time (like if I'm not wrong, Assassin's Creed for PC) didn't sold so good cause need to be on to save game.

So if online is future, is also the destruction of game industry itself.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Unless the future has 100% reliable internet everywhere.

7. phscarface

That'd be a thing I die to see *-*
    Wait, or not =P

8. darklordofspawn

I was defending myself not all the other illegal torrenters, i never said anything about a majority...& i never said anything about downloading the game to try it then buy it. I dont care about the others, the majority of the people that illeagaly download are greedy Aholes
    If i download a game & i like it and i dont care about the online features or they cause no issues...im not gonna buy it.
    When i can spend my money freely i will just simply buy the games & i wont have to worry about viruses, usage fees ect.

9. Bladedfire

Bladedfire Well-Known Member

oh wow, from graphics to online play lol

Anyway, I myself hate games that have only multiplayer/ focus on online play etc. When I stil had my DS, I appreciated it, helped me out abit. (yay for PMD) But now, since its broke, I dont give a ****.

My biggest gripe with Sonic 4 is that it'll be download only, and since I get get my Wii to workwith the wireless (my mother says no, plus she code protected it), I and many other poeple in similar positions/ those without internet are screwed if they want sonic 4.

I admit, there are tiimes I wish for online play (looking at you Combat of Dragons), but it shouldn't be the focus of something. HEll, when I get my 3DS it wont go online either. and thats probally fact.

note: oh yeah, nintendo wasnt my first console. I first owned a paystation. Then Atari, then PS2, then DS (chosen over PSP), then Wii (Chosen over PS3, though I now want PS3), then N64 and SNES (junk = treasure). oh yeah, X360 sucks to high heaven. The buttons are hard to learn (for me at least) Wireless controllers are a pain to sync and use, RROD, trying to cover up the problem, online fees, etc.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

SNES CPU had hardware emulation for NES but nintendo never did anything with it.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

How are you different from the 'greedy aholes'?

Judging by the first sentence in this quote, you are one of them.

Is there a case of anyone ever playing a NES games on a SNES?

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No because nintendo didn't fully implement it. The CPU has a hardware emulation mode for NES but that is all that is in there.

13. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I judge games by the graphics sometimes because sometimes graphics HURT. MY. EYES. TO THE POINT OF ME WANTING TO SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FACE.

Seriously. Like FFIV DS's graphics hurt my eyes so bad I could only play it in five minute intervals. I wanted to play it for longer, though. So I deleted the game and haven't played it since, just so I wouldn't have to choose eye hurt over less play.

14. Bladedfire

Bladedfire Well-Known Member

touche, but I've never seen graphics that bad. Then again, maybe Im used to bad graphics because it seems Im always a generation behind :D

And most of the consoles I look forward to getting in the next 2 year are nintendo stuff. ;D (the games rock)

15. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

And with only a CPU that has that function the system is unable to play NES games.

16. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Dammit, Natalie has already said all that i wanted to say.

I fail to see how this makes you any better than these aholes... don't kid yourself.

17. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

does that mean that if a game doesn't have a demo and then I torrent it just to try the game then go through an hour through the game to see if it is any good then buy it if I like it or delete it if I don't, does that make me one of them?

18. phscarface

If the feds caught you doing it, they won't care, either believe, so it's "technically" like you're one of us.
    It'd be easier to assume that, nobody gonna piss you off with that XD, at least I won't =\

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

That being saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid, support the great games don't support the bad. You don't eve have to play the bad games to find out the bad games, there's stuff like reviews that help you with that.

Basically, from the bottom of my heart, or a similar thing in my chest, support the good, don't bother with the rest.

20. darklordofspawn

If I dont want o squander the money I have left but still want to play games, thats what i would do. I'm not greedy. I want entertainment and if i can get it for free, thats what i will do.

Both you and Natewlie can only see as far as your noses. You both clearly share the same point of view and only 1 about illegal torrenters.

Ofcouse when you single out the sentence "If i download a game & i like it and i dont care about the online features or they cause no issues...im not gonna buy it." that sounds greedy. I gave my reason why i torrent games and im not gonna repeat myself.

Youre saying you can tell that you know you will like the game just by reading the reviews... you couldnt be more wrong. A review is made by 1 person... & that person is not 100% like you.
    Many reviews say that Dead rising 2 is a great game, but i didn't like it one bit. I'm glad i dont follow your advice.
    Reviews only allow slight insight as to what that 1 person thinks about it...

Support the great games & don't support the bad? what do you mean by that?
    Support the powerfull companies & dont support the weak?
    & even if that wasnt the case, how do you expect the "bad games" to get better if you dont support them?

I hope you guys dont think i have anything against you guys... i respect your point of view.
    I really dont know why you guys assume torrenters are greedy assholes.
    Ive been torrenting for a while and there are plenty of nice people there...