1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why do people these days LOVE shooting games!!! (no offense though)

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by sd95, Jun 29, 2009.

1. SonicSantuary

SonicSantuary Well-Known Member

i couldnt agree more

2. fvixcgft2

fvixcgft2 Member

most people these days prefer to click instead of join the army for real

3. xReTry

xReTry Member

Shooting Games is where the moneys at!!

Lol

I mean come on, all the tournments like the MLG, WCG, and money more play shooter games like CoD4, and CoD:WoW also Halo and Gears... those are all games they play for money in!

4. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

So they LOVE the money, not the Games. ;)

i think`s it`s said earlier and i only can agree that: shooting Games are very easy to learn in just a couple of seconds. These are the perfect Games for Casual Gamers. And besides: Boys love some action with Gun`s n` Firepower n` lots of enemies (*BAAAM,BOOM BANG*). who doesn`t? ;)

5. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

its just,you guys are seeing the problem from a bad angle.

shooting games, are good games, they're not meant for casual gamers. seriously you think that its just learning the controls but shooting is more than go shooting and bang bang boom! learning the controls is just part of the gaming. the AWESOME GOD-SKILLED gamers cant have the word here,so let a middle skilled gamer talk.

its not easy to take the movimentation and other stuff,you need to have quick thinking and tatic. seriously its harder than it looks. you cant go talking what you think of a game if you didnt beated it on normal mode,it cames for every genre,be it rpg,adventure,racing,sports,shooting,tatical, or whatever comes to your mind.

so... lets no try to overhype the shooting but lets not say that its just crap ok?

6. Omega00

Omega00 Well-Known Member

Well I like Final Fantasy 7. And Final Fantasy 7 has an RPG and a First-Person Shooter

So, I'm good

7. indianCHAN

indianCHAN Well-Known Member

I like RPGs, just not jRPGs. I can play Mass Effect and Fable with no problem. But I could never sit down and play a jRPG without getting bored and leaving it for years.

8. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

^ you just like the ocidentals way of story telling.

9. Pyronix

Pyronix Member

..."shooting games" is a REALLY broad subject. It could mean first/third person shooters, shoot-em ups, or even survival horror. I'll assume you're talking about FPS.

From my personal experience, I think that people seem to be more attracted to shooting games since they require something more than time. Players learn to familiarize themselves with the environment, equipment, and other players, which will eventually lead them to being better. This gives them a feeling of superiority over other inexperienced players, may it be when landing a shot in-between the eyes or teaching a newbie something and boasting about it.

Other games will allow players to reap the rewards by merely spending time playing (RPGs, casual games, etc.) I can understand how someone would think: "Anyone could be good at it just by playing it a lot! It takes real skill to pull off headshots!". ...or so I was told.

10. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

you need skills for rpgs.............................

11. Pyronix

Pyronix Member

Sure, for some RPGs, but I'm talking about the ones where you have a party and choose to attack/defend/use magic, etc. I'm not sure if you really do need "skill" for those, since the more you play, the better you get (as in, the stronger your character(s) become).

12. SonicSantuary

SonicSantuary Well-Known Member

i think the FPS gear is getting a littel over-used.........

13. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

Youre right....but ya dont have to tell me this cuz i play both....:p

14. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Lemme add a final note then you decide.
    Hans Zimmer is making music for FPS.
    Computer is making music for RPG.

15. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

coool i wish i could make my own music and games some time