1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Why would i even want to pay to upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan7251, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan7251

ryan7251 New Member

I mean i was looking at the wii games and there is next to nothing to down load mario galaxy 1 and 2 gone Xenoblade chronicles gone,Tales of Symphonia - Dawn of the New World it seems any good games are gone so why would anyone upgrade?

Sahel123 likes this.
  2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

To keep the site going so that we can continue to offer the content that has not been DMCAed. Getting a DMCA takedown notice doesn't magically make the server cheaper.

3. ryan7251

ryan7251 New Member

yet other sites can stay up just fine without money funny how that works.

Sahel123 likes this.
  4. Reider

Reider Modereider

What do you think all of the ads are for?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You're naive if you truly believe that.

6. g.abree

g.abree Member since 2010

I believe you think that Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg became a Multi-Billionaire just like that without any stable income because Facebook is "free" and doing fine without money.

Yeah, all the administrative works that the people put into the website is somehow voluntary work and people do it for the fun of it.

7. bigretching

bigretching New Member

I just want to thank you guys for making this site.

When I went to other sites to download ROMs before finding this place I got annoyed as fuck over getting assaulted by numerous horribly placed ads. When I want to download a game, that type of shit certainly makes me vary that I'm downloading something that shouldn't be on my pc, or even work afterwards.

However, I'm not sure that you guys make the money back for your servers with the userbase these sites attract, let alone people who then goes ahead to pay for these things, so I can certainly understand if you need to place ads at some point.

I just hope it won't look like shit if you do it, then you can plaster your site with ads for all I care. It takes me less than a minute to find what I'm looking for, it's not like I will get hurt by watching some ads, as long as I don't have to spend too long looking at them.

I have Adhd, and Ocd. I despise ads since they look so out of place, and they make it hard for me to do the things I came for on other sites, but as long as I don't have to watch a video ad, and write their brand slogan in the captcha, I'm not complaining. That, on the other hand, is something I just wouldn't do anymore.

What a rant. Thanks for making and maintaining this site, playing crash bandicoot 2 with my kid today, it was something really special, so Thanks for making it possible for me to download it for free.

Seph likes this.
  8. well at least the ads arent as bad as gelbooru which i block their ads all the time

9. Stylinn

Stylinn New Member

There are tons of Wii Games on here....Pages of Games. That download very very fast... Im assuming you didn't notice all the other ROMS that romulation offer....

Why even post this dumbass question? $10 a month (less if get more than 1 month) for unlimited access to thousands of ROMS that download in minutes isnt enough IMO... Id pay more.

Seph likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.