1. This forum is in read-only mode.

will not install properly

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by myfu22, Oct 11, 2017.

1. myfu22

myfu22 New Member

i tried getting two games (both for wii) and nether of them would finish the install. it finished the download but it didn't go into a file or into dolphin. when I click on the download it says "this file does not have the programed associated with it to perform this action".

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the files are inside compressed archives and need to be extracted using winrar or 7zip before they can be used. This is done to make downloads take less time.

3. myfu22

myfu22 New Member

how do I get to they's compressed archives?

4. Loonylion

the file you downloaded is a compressed archive. You need to download Winrar or 7zip (winrar is nagware, 7zip is freeware, both can be easily found on google) and install it, then right click the file you downloaded from RomUlation and choose 'extract here'. It will take a few minutes but you will end up with a file you can put into dolphin and play

These instructions only apply to windows, android/mac the process will be similar but will likely involve different programs.

5. myfu22

myfu22 New Member

no the problem is that when I finish the download it doesn't move into any folder and when I click on the download it say's "this file does not have the programed associated with it to perform this action, please install a programed, or if one's installed create a association in the default control panel". I have 7zip but I don't have a file to use it on.

6. Loonylion

then it's not associated with 7zip. When it asks what program to use, tell it you will choose from a list and select 7zip; alternatively open 7zip and drag the file onto the 7zip window.

7. myfu22

myfu22 New Member

ok that helped a lot thx