1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood 1.62 for R4 Clones/R4SDHC | MAIO Multi Flashcart Update(Ak Compatibilty)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Joel16, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys should've uploaded it today but been busy a lot lately :(

Edit: Please don't, like literally don't hope for too much cause I really don't know how to work on the compatibility without the source code. As for now, I'm simply working on a 'work around' method. Not only that I'm not a very experienced programmer, (I can only build basic programs that doesn't require much of a skill.) but also with college in the way it's really hard to keep all this going so yeah

Anyways here what you can do first make a request here, for that you'll have to be a member, that'll give me more support to continue working on these updates :)

Then just make a post saying I'm willing to test it or something lol. From there I'll send you the link via PM (personal message) tomorrow

After that, post your results here Be sure to read the instructions!

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Thanks Joel :)

3. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

no probs :) I hope everyone read the edit above. Anyways the file is uploaded anyone who's willing to test it for me make a request here once you've made the request I'll PM you the download link.

4. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Okay I've made the beta release public. Can someone with an r4 Clone please test this out for me? My R4 clone is dead and therefore I can't test it out. This loads games more like the official Wood R4, I just wanna confirm that it works properly and games are able to save. It has poor compatibility at the moment so you may not wanna try the new roms. Please just confirm that it boots up and saves properly that's all for now

Works on:

- R4 iii Upgrade
    - R4 SDHC
    - N5
    - Other R4 1:1 clones

Download

5. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Seriously no feedback at all? well then, I'll be closing the beta soon.

6. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

:) I really would love to help but i dont own an R4 Clone. But hey your work is awesome!! :D

I have an R4 original, sooo if you need anything, you know where to ask Joel.

7. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Hehe thanks, it's not really 'my work' it's just I've edited/modded them ;)
    I just want someone to test out my beta to see if it actually saves the game on R4 clones xD
    it has poor compatibility at the moment because it's based on wood 1.25 though, however it loads up more like the original wood R4. I just want it confirmed that it saves lol

8. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

I've made the release public, yet no one has tried this out for me :(
    I aplogize for my site being shut down a few days ago, and so I moved it to a better host(got too many errors while moving so I made a new one instead) So please anyone who owns the following flashcarts:

- R4 iii Upgrade
    - R4 SDHC
    - N5
    - Other R4 1:1 clones

Can you kindly test this out for me? I just wanna confirm that it saves that's all. Take note it has poor compatibility at the moment. So please try out a rom that most falshcarts should be able to run, because all I need to know right know is whether it saves or not. Anyways happy holidays everyone!

Download here

9. PPNC

PPNC Member

Hey man, we talked a little about testing this, but I traveled the world and my cell phone decided to play dead. Got a new one just now and I'm posting this now.
    Still can't test it as I'm not home and can't stand to download this. Hope it's good, will try it as soon as possible.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

10. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    It's fine, and take note this version has poor compatibility at the moment. I don't know how to go about updating the compatibility as yet. I'm currently trying to find a work around to it. Porting is a no go, I've tried and failed horribly. Without Wood R4's source code It's useless :(
    But this version however is different compared to the "Wood for R4 SDHC" version, it's more like an actual port of Wood R4, cause it loads games the same way(modified 1.15 source) (NO SAV FRAGMENTATION!) However the compatibility is rubbish lol. Anyways please do report back here or on my site whether it saves or not, cause I'm still unsure about that. I apologize for not being able to test it out myself, my R4 Clone is dead so yeah haha
    Anyways thanks, and happy new year to you too.