1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wood R4 - Compatibility List (CK3)

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by CoolKill3r, Jul 2, 2010.

1. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Who knows.

2. WilWildWesley

WilWildWesley Member

Some days ago, an updated dump of Tomodachi Collection was released by iND. It is labeled as version 1.1 and I can only guess that the update fixes issues with Wii connectivity and Mii exchange (the file I got didn't come with an nfo). The problem is, while I can run the original dump fine, the 1.1 update doesn't work and freezes, giving me the all too familiar white screens. Any chance this can be fixed in the next update?

Also, since this is a compatibility thread, should I post here when I come across a non working rom? The newer ones won't work for obvious reasons, but there are older games out there that don't work. A good example is Nanashi no Game, which I have mentioned earlier. It gives me the white screen freeze, while its sequel, Nanashi no Game Me, works fine.

Just trying to help out. I know that the main focus is on the newest and popular games, while Japan exclusives, which aren't exactly import friendly, tend to get pushed down the list.

3. CoolKill3r

Your at the wrong place, this is an Compatibility List for the Wood R4 firmware.

4. WilWildWesley

WilWildWesley Member

I am using the Wood R4 firmware on R4 Original. I have recently switched to Wood from the last official firmware [1.18]. I can now run many games I wasn't able to boot on 1.18, but Nanashi no Game for example, doesn't work on Wood 1.15. Neither does Tomodachi Collection 1.1.
    Post Merge: [time]1289215738[/time]
    Ok, color me retarded. I tried running Nanashi no Game once again, but this time, I erased the save file beforehand. And wouldn't you know it, it did work. Could it be possible that a save file from older firmware revision caused the problem?

5. victor.yu2

victor.yu2 Member

I can't believe how very few people post to this topic. Anyway, Wood R4 has been like a firmware blessing. I realise that before this, I used 1.18, and if I used 1.18, then I would have been going OMG! Super Scribblenauts has a patch! (does it?). Anyway, props to you, and yes, I do read the compatibility list regularly. I'm trying CODBO.

EDIT: Seems okay so far. Menu is fine.

EDIT: Yep, not working. Well it does. It works fine, as long as you don't want to climb ladders and continue the game.

6. CoolKill3r

There isnt a patch for Super Scribblenauts yet.

7. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

just wondering does ben 10 ultimate alien cosmic destruciton work?

8. CoolKill3r

Look into the Compatibility List.

9. victor.yu2

victor.yu2 Member

Ah, so you see, if a patch for super scribblenauts ever did come out, then i'd be like HELL YEAZ! But i've finished the game. Still interested. Just finished the game. At this very moment I am downloading Sonic Colours so i'll update if it works. Which it will hopefully will. :D

10. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

erm.. super scribblenauts does have a wood r4 patch XD also ben10 works

11. EeVeELuVeRzZ

EeVeELuVeRzZ New Member

How do you hide the _rpg folder D:

12. CoolKill3r

1. Click right mouse on the folder.
    2. Select propeties and then select 'hide'
    (WARNING, if you want to turn it visible again you will have to go into your map options!)

13. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Thanks ;D

14. XLAAX

XLAAX New Member

Kingdom Hearts Re Coded (U) Not working on R4 Wood 1.21

15. CoolKill3r

Thank you.

16. victor.yu2

victor.yu2 Member

I didn't know kingdom hearts was out, but know it is! I am happy.
    Awesome. Sorry though D:

;D

17. CoolKill3r

First of all, who are you calling kids?
    Second dont post links to roms here!

18. Rensch

Rensch New Member

The Japanese Pokémon White is supposed to work fine with Wood R4. For me it suddenly freezes at the cutscene near the end wherein Reshiram is summoned. Nobody else have this problem? I didn't have this with Black.

19. CoolKill3r

Are you using the latest version of Wood?

20. jellotek

jellotek New Member

I'm a bit confused because it seems to be on the compatible list... but should there be any reason why booting up Golden Sun Dark Dawn on 1.23 would only result in a black screen?