1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wrestling Roundtable

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dedboy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Anything involving Pro Wrestling goes in here. I am aware there is a thread for it already, but this one is just one for us discussing storylines, character development, and general stuff that only Smarks would understand.

So Christian has suffered a pectoral injury, and is out for six months.
    Hell he wasn't being used well anyways. And who really wants Matt Hardy? Dude is lit off his own press clippings.

Discuss all things pro wrestling related.

♦WWE
    ♦TNA
    ♦ROH
    ♦FCW
    ♦NJPW
    ♦Dragon's Gate
    ♦Various Independents

We cover them all.

2. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

I can be the WWE/TNA guy, since I barely follow the independent scene. Except for Chikara, since I somewhat follow that promotion.

The way I see it, Christian could be a surprise contender of a mid-card belt if/when he comes back, or start back with ABR when his program with a mid-carder ends. Probably a little time off TV to freshen up a little. And Matt Hardy is just going through the phase where every perpetual mid-carder goes through. But, seeing his current picture, I can see his flab is starting to disappear, it's still there, but it's no longer hanging down his stomach.

[​IMG]

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Yeah, he's hitting the weights again. Matt has always tried to keep up with Jeff, and now that Jeff is sorta out there, Matt seems to be trying to find his own niche.
    Christian's going to have a hard time when he returns though, I don't know how the company will be by the time he gets back, but his first 'world' title, if you can consider it one, was the WWECW title.
    Here's hoping he gets a IC title run, hell they put the belt on Ziggler, so why not Christian.
    So now that Kane and Taker are in yet another feud, I saw Kane cleanly defeat taker at NOC, do you think they will allow Kane to finally shine as the more powerful brother?
    Watch tonight's Smackdown, there's a big surprise at the close of the show!

{E}- So Triple H(Paul Levesque) finally got the 'senior adviser' position. He's been in Vince's ear for sometime now, so he was already doing the job, it's just now, he's been made official.

(A link to Lords of Pain.net- a pro wrestling based site. The site is safe, but make sure your popup/adblocker is on, as it is a bit of an adwhore.
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/wwe-insider-comments-on-triple-hs-promotion-nxt-replaced-stephanie.html

4. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

Well i guess i would consider myself the wwe/tna guy and i also know a little roh ( i dont have hdnet so i have to youtube the roh matches).

A few things i was thinking about
    1. Yes davey richards did announce he will not be retiring at the end of the year (thank god)
    2. I cant believe jay lethal dropped the x division title in a week, how lame
    3. Anybody notice justin gabriel has been getting over just alittle move than the rest of nexus (besides wade)

5. version3

Hell In A Cell coming up gents. We'll see whether Cena becomes Nexus, Morrison being relevant again (as a heel, most preferably), and some other titles that the WWE doesn't really care about atm (Tag Team and IC).

6. supertanno

supertanno Well-Known Member

Please, let Cena become Nexus!!!

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

He's going heel, but by the time he does, Nexus will be disbanded.
    Their sales are poor, and WWE won't stand for bad sales.

8. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

time for DJ ppv predicition for hell in a cell
    Cena def barrett
    Laycool def natalya
    Daniel bryan def miz and morrison (god i miss the dirt sheet)
    Undertaker def kane
    and Orton def shemeus

did i miss any matches?

9. dedboy

dedboy Guest

try lordsofpain. net , they aren't too bad with it. Also you watching it at a friends or you gonna try and find a stream, if you need one I gotcha man.
    Also:
    Kane over taker
    Barrett over cena, Cena goes mad post match, Might turn heel
    Laycool over Nattie.
    Sheamus over Orton, regains WWE title
    and my boy Daniel Bryan retains US title over Miz and Morrison.
    We shall see.

10. version3

To quote Joey Style's Twitter account.
    "I am going to put on a Nexus shirt and armband and go drink the tears of John Cena fans."

11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Joining Nexus is one thing, turning heel is another.

12. version3

This, think JBL being HBK's benifactor, circa. 2007-ish, making Shawn the hesitant hitman of JBL.

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Cena lost, Kane retained, Orton retained, Daniel bryan retained.

The PPV sucked, but the WWE are running wayyyy to many now. They need to scale back

14. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Just read the report saying American Dragon busted out the Cattle Mutilation. I would have marked but I never liked the move.

15. version3

They're running close to 2 PPV's per month, they still have Bragging Rights at the end of the month, Survivor Series coming up in November and TLC in December. I miss the times where PPV events actually meant something.

That, and JoMo pulled the Tarantula out of his ass. Pretty awesome stuff.

16. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

so anyone miss jericho yet?

17. dedboy

dedboy Guest

He's going to tour with Fozzy and whatnot, Orton's punt was just a write off. But it's going to be a bit dull, even more so, without him around.

You gelatinous parasitic tapeworms :D

18. slimdj

slimdj Well-Known Member

yea i was watching the commercial for his new dvd and i was thinking that might be the very first wwe dvd i buy. Crap now who will put over the midcarders

19. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Good question, there's always William Regal. Or Goldust.
    BTW Cody Rhodes is so bad and his gimmick so bad, he's actually good.

20. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Hahahaha Danielson got worfed by Sheamus, fella.

I thought I'd give Raw a shot, but that's just silly. I wish the dude on the stream would turn his mic off because I don't need 2 sets of bad commentary.