1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 720 Teased In Real Steel Trailer?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by iluvfupaburgers, Oct 6, 2011.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Real Steel Trailer - Youtube

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-720-logo-spotted-in-trailer-for-real-steel-213057.phtml

Maybe Microsoft did pay for this advertisement, maybe teasing on what is to come for xbox, maybe its not going to be called xbox 720, but only time will tell, what do you guys think

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Re: Xbox 720 Teased In Red Steel Trailer?

You realise this isn't a movie of the game "Red Steel"? The movie is in fact called "Real Steel". And it's most likely a bit of product placement combined with a joke.

3. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

he never mentioned red steel

4. iluvfupaburgers

im so sorry for the typo. but yeah, it could be a joke. but having it around advertisement of other products without making jokes there, it can be little suspicious ???

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Really? A tease?

You realize this movie takes place in the future, right?

It's like watching Demolition Man and freaking out that Taco Bell is the only fast food corp still around.

The rest of the ads surrounding the 720 one are just brand names, not specific products like the Xbox. While I have no doubt the next Xbox is going to come out, this is just silly.

6. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

He did. He's half fixed it now. At least it's not in the title. But the YouTube link still says it.

7. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I was gonna say the same thing. I don't know much about the movie, but I doubt they'll still be playing the same old 360 in a future where people battle with giant rock 'em sock 'em robots.

8. iluvfupaburgers

oh, i thought coca-cola was a type of coke, a specific one. and i thought budweiser was a specific beer. but that is not the point. since the movie is in the future and they wanted to joke about it, dont you think they would joke maybe with another naming for the xbox? like in dead space that there is a commercial for skate2033 or something like that. so they could have put some crazy number for the xbox like xbox10029 or something.
    also you have to remember that in movies, the product has to pay money to show the brand on the movie. so that would mean that microsoft paid money to put a joke commercial?

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

While Coca Cola and Budweiser are actual product names, they're also still the brand name. I'm not sure why you're picking out this argument considering that it was supporting that silly point. gg.

Xbox is a specific product or brand name technically, it's still advertising Xbox even though it says 720.

Still, what a stupid rumor. Of course the fucking thing is going to come out, it's probably just a joke since I don't think it'll be even called 720.

10. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

It was really some seconds. I didn't notice it when watching the teaser

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

This is exactly what Microsoft wants :)

People talking about a (future?) Microsoft product.