1. This forum is in read-only mode.

your greatest acomplishment in a video game

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by lugia543, Feb 6, 2010.

1. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

what is the greatest achivement you have accomplished in a video game? as for me, in Pokemon Fire Red (GBA) i beat the elite 4 with just one pokemon.

EDIT: new rule. MUST BE DONE WITHOUT CHEATS, SAVES, COINCIDENTAL GLITCHES ETC. (e.g. no hyperspeed in GH)

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The only one for now is beating resident evil 4's mercenary mode...

That damn super salvador was a challenge, let alone beating him with people that I'm not used to playing as like Krauser.

3. razgrizglenn

razgrizglenn Well-Known Member

I've done a lot of crazy stuff during my gaming life, but I think the most note-worthy archievement was beating Resident Evil 2 under 55 minutes, using mostly the knife (the handgun was used in a few bosses).

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Reducing an enemy's HP to a single digit number in a Super Robot Taisen game

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can do that quite often in a pokemon game XD

That is impressive considering mostly knife usage.

...I beat haze on normal in just 3 days without any real direction on what to do...I died heaps of times but...I beat it.

Note it was in 3 hour sessions on each day.

6. ggrroohh

In Super Robot Taisen that is near impossible,since the minimum damage is 10.
    Its much more easier to kill your enemy.

7. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

another one. I beat jack of blades (final boss) with just a stick.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Um...what game dude?

Beating numerous staff ghost in f-zero gx in decent times :)

9. ggrroohh

Getting an Iris Treasure (Iris Helm) on the first floor of the Ancient Cave in Lufia II

10. razgrizglenn

Fable, I guess.

Damn, gotta get around playing that game one day.

On topic:

Betaing God Hand on hard was pretty tough.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What is so special about that exactly?

Finding rare gear in rpg's is a preset occurance, I could say how I found every diijin in the golden sun games, but that is a preset occurance.

Here's another, beating contra 4 on normal without a single death or continue, it may not be on hard, but...that's an even greater challenge just to beat one stage :(

12. razgrizglenn

You could've stopped right there and it'd still be commendable, heh.

I dunno, man. Some "preset occurances" can be quite complicated to archieve, like the True Ending in Persona 4: I know I'd have never done it without a walkthrough. Or the true ending on Chrono Cross. Dunno about that one from Lufia tho.

Here's something from my childhood: beating Final Fight without losing a single life, alone, using Guy and not abusing of any bugs or glitches (like the infinite punch chain combo).

13. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

In Assassin's Creed 1 in Masyaf at the very beginning, a glitch made me fall through the floor, and I got the achievement for Surviving 100 battles with in a row.

14. Reider

Reider Modereider

I don't really keep track but I guess beating Contra III in hard mode without using a continue would count.

I guess I can also say I S ranked every mission in DMC3 on Dante Must Die mode too. Not consecutively, but I do have the record thing that says I managed to S rank all of them at least once. :p

15. ggrroohh

Course Iris Treasure are random and hard to find.
    Getting one on the first floor requires lots of real life luck.
    And after you find it you need to get another rare item to exit the dungeon.
    Oh,did I mention you start that dungeon with no equipment and at level 1?

16. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

i won all songs max score and Rank on EBA

17. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Uhm, I played Expert Guitar and Expert Vocals at the same time for Rock Band 2.

18. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Never got backstabbed by a Spy in TF2.
    Played and completed most of my FPS games with sunglasses on.
    Survived all 4 campaigns in L4D

19. razgrizglenn

*GASP*!

Before I claim this as the greatest archievement in all of gaming, what's your total ingame time?

20. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

I've played since last year. I can't check it now since my comp is rebooting.