1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Empty rom folders (GBA)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aysell95, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Aysell95

Aysell95 Well-Known Member

*has no clue about what that was all about* anyway guys (and girls) thanks for your help!!!

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

If you are a little bit curious about that ROM Hack I mentioned above but have no clue as to how to apply ROM Hacks onto a ROM then here is a beginner's tutorial on how to apply "IPS Patches" onto a ROM for you:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=17418.0

"How does that ROM Hack work?", one might ask. Well "LockSmithArmy", the hack's author, made it so that trade evolution Pokemon like Golem no longer needs to be traded to evolve. In the case of Golem, it evolves from Graveller at level 45. As for the event Pokemon Mew and Deoxys, he added the "legit" (event ID'ed) versions of said Pokemon onto the game by letting you catch Mew at a certain "collector's" home and letting you buy the "Aurora Ticket" at a certain PokeMart some time post Elite four.

As for the GEN 3 Pokemon? He hacked an entirely new island in the game that has all third GEN Pokemon for you to catch them on.

So yeah, no more need to use AR Codes just to fill up your Pokedex.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Who cares if i or anyone else doesnt use proper grammar. Its not like your post are being graded by an english teacher who i can admit i drove crazy with my horrible horrible english.

im sorry, how is this a correction to my statement. you may have found one, but it doesnt work so how is it one. Also if you want, i have a save with all pokemons in 3rd generations if you want to quickly catch them all quickly. im serious, there is all copies of each one of them in the boxs plus extras. But a heads up you have to beat the elite four in emerald, leaf green, and fire red to get all of them, sapphire and ruby doesnt have this requirement.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

He does?! :p
    Not his, yours is.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Had to fix your grammar yet again!?

And yes, the code does work but as I said it corrupts your save data... actually what it messes up are the capital letter "A's" on your player's name entry. Not something too big actually, but annoying just the same. And for the record, I found that code back in 2008 when I started getting into the Pokemon games on an emulator.

And the most probable reason why you can't get the code to work is you forgot to activate the Master Code along with it :p

Also you only need to activate the code once then turn them off BEFORE you save your game :p

6. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

Again i dont care, my grammer, speelin and word assosiation skillz should reflect how i feel about it. ZIP. Second anytime you use a cheat code, what you do is alter the game coding(specificly hex which is what the cheat codes are) which is reflected in the save data. once you save the game, it is forever alter whether you have the code turned on or not. Cause of pokemon trade function, what you can do is create several save files, transfer certain required pokemons containing items if you want more rare ones, from a altered save to a clean one. Delete unneeded bad saves, rinse and repeat till you get what you need, and no consequences or risk to your clean saves.