1. This forum is in read-only mode.

999 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Arron_zero, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

I kinda had a hunch that Seven was in it but was his memory loss intentional like ordered by Zero? but still, Clover and Snake also said Akane died. Clover I can understand if they lied to her but Snake...is he in it with Snake? Junpei said at the end he was blind so he didn't see the corpse but according Akane she cried when she saw her brother so Snake definitely must have known she was alive...so does that mean Seven and Snake were in cahoots with Akane and Santa? And I still can't figure out, while in the incinerator, did Akane sneak away? Cause I'm sure someone would have noticed if a door opened. And who the hell is Lotus. It's like she's some random person put into the game for her computer skills and fanservice if you even consider her one =="

2. madcrazy2ks

madcrazy2ks Member

did anyone in hollywood start a screenplay for this game yet? I don't care if it is a 60 min low budget film, the story is one of the best out there right now, every ending gives some WTFBBQ moments. This is better than all the stories in theater right now imo.

3. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

Those are the questions that still needs to be answered. Junpei even questioned what really happened 9 yrs. ago in the car. If Akane survived in the incinerator then what is with Seven's memory having her die 9 yrs. ago? I don't want to jump to conclusion just yet.... I can't wait for an announcement for a sequel to this game!
    Post Merge: [time]1290831979[/time]
    I wanted to share this with you about the number 9 and letter q when Zero announced at the beginning: "Seek the door that carries a [9]". In Japan the number 9 can be pronounced as kyuu.

A great twist that needs to be translated in english but couldn't. Anyway just a food for thought.

4. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

I haven't finished this game yet but yesss... it really is a great one! I've never been into visual novels but that one is worth playing, I love the plot. and June, she's so cute and not selfish like Lotus

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i got the bad ending :'(
    Junpei gets stabbed

6. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

What i dont get, why are there 6 endings and not 9?
    The damn game is called 999 XP

7. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

I got the bad ending too, same as the person over CoolKill3r. Eheh I've read in some interview that all of characters are based on Enneagram which separates people in 9 types of personality. It's great test and it was true with almost all my friends who did it but I didn't really see connections between how the character is described by Enneagram and how he acts...

So if I was on this Ship, I would be Snake - doesn't really sound fine :p

It's really great game with even greater plot, I'm gonna finish it again after I'll beat GS:DD ;)

8. drteletubbie

drteletubbie Well-Known Member

Turn the number upside down ;)

9. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Ow yea :D lol
    Post Merge: [time]1291019362[/time]
    Works on Wood R4 v1.18

10. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Just finished the game with the true ending being my last playthrough. :D Very nice game indeed. Didn't expect that true ending to be that good. :)

11. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I got it too :D kind a
    I got the second ending but how do I unlock n°1?

12. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

I wish I could forget easily. I wish I could forget this game. Over. And over. And over.
    This game makes me want to inflict myself with partial Anterograde Amnesia...

You'll unlock a preview by getting the 2nd ending. It contains hints on which doors you should choose.
    One hint, though: You'll have to team with everyone at least once.

13. Jonez001

I got the second ending, so the doors are in their?

PS: I am close to unlocking the 4th ending I think.

14. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Stuck in the game

downloaded a walktrough

yeah I know, I may not do it, but I want to see all the endings
    I love 999

15. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

You'll need the 3rd ending to get the true ending. If you haven't gotten ending 3 yet, you'll get ending 2.
    The hints I mentioned lead to ending 3. Kinda obvious, though.

16. Jonez001

:D

17. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

I'm trying to beat it second time - I'm not really trying to get some specific ending, I just want to see what's behind doors I haven't gone in yet. I've gone through door 4 and I'm in large hospital room now; I'll go through door 7 now and see what's behind them :) Really great game! Love it <3

18. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Actually..
    You need to get the 4th ending first before you can proceed to the 1st ending.
    However, if you haven't seen the 2nd ending, it will be automatically unlocked if you seen the 1st ending, but you'll get 2nd if you haven't got the 4th ending.

19. Saiko

Saiko Well-Known Member

Oh gosh.

After getting knife ending and submarine ending (with this sudden killing sound and that red flashing :< ) I'm afraid of walking through my own house when it's so dark everywhere... ;o (Almost 11 p.m. here.) I've got this feeling that suddenly I'll feel pain in my back and this SPLASH!!! with red everywhere and stabbing sound, this horrible metal going into flesh, UAAA! And I won't even be able to see what @#$%^&*( has just killed me. OMG, I shouldn't play that many games! xD

But this one really is so damn great! Plot and these emotions :) Weird thing, when you know, in the beginning I was used to other games and I was sure that suddenly some monster will jump on me or something like this. And through all game I was changing my mind and when I totally got used to that kind of games, where I'm afraid of heroes, their psycho and feeling, this beeping after going through numbered doors, Nonary Game alone without any things that could wait for me in it... suddenly... SPLAAAAAAAASH! and some monster eventually jumped at me. Terrible thing :<

Now I've gotta get Safe and True endings. Love the plot!

Got Safe ending and almost finished True :)

Do you know any games similar to 999?

20. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

can someone tell me the order in which to enter the doors to get all the endings ??
    (i know this is an old thread )