1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.9.0 and Other Issues Guide

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jan 20, 2011.

1. good_day

good_day New Member

Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9 and Other Issues Guide

Hi, I am having a problem with the wifi update. Every time i get an error saying that it cannot connect to wifi. All the other functions of AKAIO work great but that one feature does not. Any help?? Please

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

make sure the wifi is on on the ds
    Post Merge: [time]1301284300[/time]
    updated first post with a section on how to update acekard to work on 3ds

3. garra113

garra113 Member

Guys. I got the Acekard 2i (not the 3ds specific one) working for the 3DS which is great but there is this software update for the 3ds. If I update that, does that mean I won't be able to use the acekard anymore?

4. iluvfupaburgers

i was reading around for the new 3ds update and it said it was basically to make wifi work better and other twitches but it did not mess up the acekard. but if i were you i would check a little more before actually doing the update

5. Ryukai

Ryukai Member

Thanks for the guide bro.

Two quick questions though, I installed the update for the 3DS to test it on my friend's 3DS. Can I install the update to make it work on the DSi after the 3DS one or does the 3DS update cover the DSi as well? Also how would I revert how my Acekard now appears on the menu screen of my DSL? I preferred it when it just said Acekard ;_;

6. iluvfupaburgers

i dont really understand the second part :p but for the first part of your question. once you update the card to work on the 3ds, it will still work on the dsi and dsl. it just shows a different game icon to load the acekard

7. Seiitsu

Seiitsu New Member

Great guide, but I was wondering how exactly I get games onto it? Do I download the rom to my desktop and then drag and drop?

8. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Yes

9. iluvfupaburgers

yeah, just drag and drop. i usually make a folder called GAMES, in which i put the games in. but the games can go on the root of the sd card

10. Ryukai

Ryukai Member

Ha thanks for answering the first one. Oh right, I just meant on the DS menu it now shows some icon for a japanese game instead of the Acekard logo. Is there anyway to get the Acekard logo there again? I know it's a minor thing but I'm pretty OCD about this stuff lol.

11. iluvfupaburgers

i dont think it is possible anymore.

12. cowcat06

cowcat06 Well-Known Member

I have this folder: aio
    & akmenu4.nds file
    Is my microsd card all set up ready to use?
    & I also have these 2 folders:
    NDS & GBA Or can I combine them in one folder?
    I am also getting the GBA Expansion Pack. What else do I need to save on my microsd card to get the GBA games running? & Do the GBA games save automatically? I know on Supercard 2 you have to go to a menu on the bottom screen & under save select write save every time you want to save your game. That was kind of annoying.

13. iluvfupaburgers

i dont know what you need for playing gba. but for playing nds games on akaio you just need the aio folder, akmenu.nds and a GAMES (or any name) folder

14. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

oh i am so slow. I got the breaking news that romulation for NDS games stopped. Now I have got to rethink whether i need an acekard anymore

Question: can the SDHC card used in slot two also be used as the micro sd card for flashcards? Probably not huh?

15. iluvfupaburgers

not really sure what you said about sdhc cards. acekard 2i uses micro sd cards. so if the card you have is a micro sd card. it will work on the acekard. also. there is still a place to download games here on romu. it is maintained by us users since romu doesnt host games. here is the section for games: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=55.0

16. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

Oh sorry i meant the SDHC card that the nintendo has advised to buy to transfer the music and pictures from the dsi and the pc. Oh wow at the forum.

Question: you reckon I could play USA games with the acekard on the dsi xl bought from Australia as there are those that say region locked is a concern? Thanks.

17. iluvfupaburgers

pk. that one wont work. since thee is a regular sdhc card, and acekard uses micro sdhc cards up to 32 gb size. and even though dsi is region locked. once you have a acekard, you can play games from any region, using acekard. that is why many people played pokemon white before us version came out :)

18. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

Oh goodie with the region not being an issue. Alrighty I am all good thank you!

19. iluvfupaburgers

New Wifi Plugin available. this plugin adds the option to backup your save files online. i already added instructions on how to do it. check How to backup saves online section

20. iluvfupaburgers

akaio 1.8.7 is out people, check it out! :)