1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.9.0 and Other Issues Guide

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jan 20, 2011.

1. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9 and Other Issues Guide

what do you mean by formatting your sd card? I've just watched tutorials on how to setup the acekard 2i and that wasn't included. Do we all have to do that?

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

it is recommended, but not needed. format leaves the card as if it were new since it erases all files in the card. that is why i also say backup before doing this. and akaio works better if this is done

3. jordandrako2

jordandrako2 Active Member

Is this a server related issue or is this my DS: when I try to update the wifi plugin to backup my saves online it give me an error message saying that there was a wifi connect problem. When I try playing games online though it connects just fine. Using a DSL with 1.8.7 if that helps.

4. iluvfupaburgers

as i mention there. the cloud save feature doesnt work with all cards yet

5. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

How do we format the SD card?
    And how do we backup without using a wifi. I can't connect to the internet wireless, only by wire.

6. iluvfupaburgers

formatting the card is easy. just connect it to the pc. go to computer, where your sd card shows up. right click it and choose format. now, the wifi backup is just a new feature that acekard added. its just if you want to, you can keep saves online, that way if one erases or something and dont have your computer but have wifi, you just redownlaod your save. but to backup you can do it on your pc. simply copy the files of your card to somewhere on your pc

7. bigjen

bigjen Active Member

Oh cool, thanks a lot! At ease now. :)

8. Asterisk-CGY

Asterisk-CGY Member

Well note to self, never update my DSi. Just did it thinking this was the acekard update. Obviously it was not. Now I need to find another DS Lite to reflash the cart when the new firmware rolls out.
    Go me.

9. iluvfupaburgers

really? oh, im sorry. acekard mentioned the update for dsi firmware 1.4.2 should come out on june, once the new 3ds update comes out. so just keep looking here or on acekard.com for the update. and yeah, you will need a ds lite

10. YaBoyDre93

YaBoyDre93 Member

I just updated my Acekard to 1.8.7 and I seem to have run into a problem. When ever I try to play a game it just sits on the screen that says "processing...do not power off" Everything works with going to the options and such, I just can't load up the games. I reformatted my SD card twice and I am still runing into the same issue. Is there anything that can be done to help fix this?? Thanks

11. iluvfupaburgers

try erasing your sav files for the games that dont run

12. iluvfupaburgers

dsi v1.4.2 and 3ds v2.0 firmware update for acekard 2i is out now. it supports acekard 2i hw44 aswell

13. Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9 and Other Issues Guide

HI, hope someone can help me, i have just upgaraded to a dsi xl and got myself an ackard 2i. I am having major problems getting it to work though !! I have updated the firmware to 1.4.2 and also updated the dsi to match and am running akaio 1.8.7 everything seems to be done properly. the problem i am getting is that only about 5 of my 90 roms will run, all the others have no icon next to the filename and when i run them i just get blank white screens. I have tried re-formatting using proffessional format tools and then re doing everything , and have tried updating the loaders but it seems i already have the latest installed????? nothing seems to be working for me , the card was bought from a very reputable site so am sure its not a clone, everything else seems fine with the akaio program, just wont play most of my games argh !!!!! help would be massively appreciated , thanks :'( :'(

14. iluvfupaburgers

might be that the sd card you are using is messed up. try another one

15. Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9 and Other Issues Guide

hi , thanks for replying. I have already tried a different card and im still having same problem, i got a new 8 gb card, it seems to be a cheapo job though, and i have tried on an old 2 gb but problem was exactly same , i know my update to the card is ok as i have the chessmaster startup icon. is there anything at all u could think of, its for my sons birthday on monday so its getting desperate, will be a sad face on monday when he gets his new dsi but game card dont work argh ................

16. iluvfupaburgers

on the root of your sd card. make sure you only have _aio folder akmenu4.nds and a games folder. in the games folder goes the games and sav files. also make sure the games are in nds format. and that you really are using akaio 1.8.7

17. Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9 and Other Issues Guide

ok thanks ill get on it now, am doing a full erase of sd card first to and have downloaded akaio again just incase there was something wrong with first one i downloaded.......fingers crossed :eek:
    Post Merge: [time]1309285873[/time]
    .......no joy again. did everything correctly and still the same, the same 5 roms at the bottom work and all the others have no icon next to them and wont load up???? is there anything that could be wrong with the acekard itself???

Post Merge: [time]1309291962[/time]
    Sucess ! thanks for your help , i tried again with the spare micro sd and it worked , only 2 gb though so bit of a pain, the new card i got must be a dud , dont suppose you know of any way to fix them ? going to get on ebay and complain to the seller that i got it from , thanks for your help , most appreciated

18. jrose11

jrose11 Member

I have the Acekard 2 and I downloaded AKAIO 1.8.7. and now all my microchip will do is say loading. I have formatted it several times and tried going back to version 1.8.1 to at least get back to what I had before and no go. Please can someone help me figure what is wrong?

19. iluvfupaburgers

new loaders for akaio: 07/12/2011

changelog
    Code:
    Fix 5753,5756,5758,5760,5759,5162,5460,5557,5547,5588,5589,5598,
    so far i think they havent updated akaio forums with this update. but you can download it through your ds/dsi

20. iluvfupaburgers

updated first page with 1.4.3 update