1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.9.0 and Other Issues Guide

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Jan 20, 2011.

1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9 and Other Issues Guide

Uh... loads. It depends if your DS is connected to Wi-fi. If it is, then you have loads of possibility. To find out, look at the box art of a game you want to play and see if it has a wi-fi symbol. If yes, then you can play people around the world.

[​IMG]

Look for that logo.

2. jordandrako2

jordandrako2 Active Member

When I try to do a wifi update I get an error saying I can't connect even though my settings are right and games will connect. Do I have to download anything specific?

3. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

not that i kno of, try reconnetcing ur ds to your network via nintendo wifi connection

4. jordandrako2

I'm using a 3DS which can use networks for both systems. The DS wifi is set up correctly with a WEP pass and like I said games through the Acekard can play multiplayer fine, just not the wifi update. Is there a way to reconnect to the network while in the AKAIO menu?

5. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

im sorry i cant help you i dont have a 3ds nor a acekard

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It should work... I have an Acekard 2i, and it works fine. I update via my network and it does it really quickly. Maybe make sure nothing is in the way between the 3DS and the router, and try it then.

7. jordandrako2

I have been right in front of my router the whole time. Whenever I can't connect to wifi I always go through the basic steps first like resetting etc. And again, I try the wifi plugin update, it fails; then I boot up Mario Kart and go the WFC mp and it connects in seconds.

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Best bet? Re-install your Acekard 2i firmware. Make sure you use AKAIO. Install the latest patch (v3.0 3DS fix). Try it again.

Wait, and wi-fi update for the 3DS? Or a wi-fi update for the Acekard 2i. If it is for the Acekard, the server is most likely down. If for the 3DS, I cannot help you.

9. jordandrako2

Did all that already... doesn't work on my DSL either. Never has.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Uh... I don't know. Your best bet is to tell your problem to the AKAIO coders. They can help you.

11. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Burgers,in an earlier post someone said they had an acekard2i-but not the specific 3ds one.What do they mean by that.

Is it not just different firmware needed on the cart.Ive a 2 year old ak2i and Im hoping thatll work if I buy a 3ds.

And years ago I think you needed Rudolph to play gba games......

12. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if its acekard 2i it should work, maybe that person was talking about acekard 2 which is only for normal ds. or it could be that he has one of the acekards from a certain batch that couldnt be updated to work on the 3ds and dsi newer firmwares. but if you are able to update your card, it should be fine.

updated OP with latest firmware to work on 3DS v3.0

13. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Ok cheers burgers

14. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

AKAIO Loaders
    (Updated/Uploaded and Supported/Unsupported as we please)

Dated 01/24/2012
    Visit here

The latest loaders can always be found by using Akaio's update feature, or by downloading them manualy from http://akaio.net/loaders/

Help make future versions even better, if you notice a bug in the current version test it out according to this procedure and post a report in this format at the akaio bug forum.

15. Fellgrave

Fellgrave New Member

Okay I really need some help here. So I my friend got an Acekard 2i for Christmas, but he had already bought one, so he sold his old one to me. Now, first thing I do is reformat the card and download the new 1.8.9 AKAIO. I move it over to the micro SD card, plug it into my ds lite and... it shows up as a nameless and iconless card. When I click on it to load all I get is a blank white screen. What am I doing wrong?

16. iluvfupaburgers

try putting the card in correctly, it sometimes has contact issues. also, what ds are you using

17. Fellgrave

Fellgrave New Member

A ds lite, I have a 3DS but I'm using my old ds lite at the moment. I made sure the micro sd clicked after I put it in the Acekard and the Acekard clicked into my ds so I don't think thats the problem.

18. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

i just got my christmas edition acekard cheers!

19. iluvfupaburgers

Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9z and Other Issues Guide

updated OP with akaio 1.8.9z

changelog
    Code:
    AK-AIO 1.8.9z
    + All this time for just an "z" in file version? Yes.
    + Finally fixed per-file/extension custom icons... broken since 1.8.0
    + Update loader to Mighty Morphin Power Loader release (Jan 2012)
    + Not much else; poor DS seems to be lonely with its 2D-ness :(

20. BelfastGuy

BelfastGuy Member

Re: Acekard 2(i) Setup AKAIO 1.8.9z and Other Issues Guide

My dsi firmware is 1.4E should I follow these steps then update the firmware with the acecard still inside the dsi? Why should I update my dsi firmwire?