1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Death penalty

Discussion in 'Debates' started by atmizi69, Apr 19, 2009.

1. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I would like to quote something from the movie: "Wanted".

- Kill one person, maybe save a thousand.

I just like to quote that. Nothing special. Ok, here is my view.

We have over 6 Billion people in this world... maybe a handful are in space. From those 6 Billion, there are those who are deemed unfit to live by a jury of their peers or by law.
    Will those people who will die will matter to the population? I say yes. Why?

The food they will eat, water they drink, the clothes they wear, the space they occupy, will be given to others. Keeping those convicts that deserve to die in jail waste money. It shames not only their family but the community. I do not believe in second chances. You are given one life, if you screw that one, then sorry, no more to give.

How can you go to jail? I think someone who goes to jail did something that is against the law. Each level of punishment means each level of crime they did. so if your on top of the pyramid, means you have done the nastiest crime there is to deserve death penalty.

Why keep them alive? For the sake of population, we have more births than deaths. Death Penalty could have more value than it seems...

2. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

What? No, I wasn't trying to imply that hell is real, I was just making a point. And I'm from Chicago, so eff off.

That means fuck off. Trying... forget it...

3. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Hehe, the amount of people that hide behind religion on various subjects is pretty funny.

4. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

You realise that this shows that you have next to no idea what you're talking about. Saline is used in hospitals as well to rehydrate people's bodies. The reason being that sweating, urinating, etc. excretes water and salt, so it follows that water and salt should be put back in. Saline is used in hospitals as well as executions.

5. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Also, that's why we cant drink distilled water. No water you drink is pure H²O.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you can drink distilled water, it just tastes horrible. wouldnt do you any harm in the short term but long term it would (unless you take salt suppliments)

7. mr. awesome

So I'm just making everything up? Okay, so I made a mistake. Sorry. Happy? Just because I made a mistake does not mean that I have no clue what I'm talking about.

8. gaynorvader

I was pointing out that you had made a mistake in the same manner in which you pointed out calvin_0's mistakes, even when he hadn't made a mistake. I'm glad it offended you as now perhaps you can understand how you were treating calvin_0. Also, the mistake you made about saline would lead me to believe that you have no idea about medical treatment, which was what you were talking about.

9. mr. awesome

Alright, fine, I'll let you say that, because if we continue this I can see that it may turn into a flame, so I'll just stop so that we can't flame.

10. Loonylion

Just noticed this. Vets do in fact use lethal injections, just not in the same way that executioners do. The ones I have experience of involved giving the animal an anaesthetic to put it to sleep, then once they were asleep they were given a massive overdose of the same anaesthetic to ensure they never woke up.

11. gaynorvader

Nice excuse.
    True, why it's called putting them to sleep probably ;)

12. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Whaaaat, when im thirsty as fuck Water tastes like the sweet nectar of the gods. You crazy... no no... You're loony! Oh clever me.

Now, I'm glad they do not go this route with people. I prefer the painful route.

13. gaynorvader

I can attest to that! ;)

14. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

That reminds me. They give anesthetic to cows and then kill then by shooting them in the brain by a nail gun.

Why can't we use this technique on humans?

15. Loonylion

distilled water tastes very different from normal drinking water.

16. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

too quick

17. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Too humane too. I see now.

18. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

LOL, i for one dont fear death. especially a painless one.

religion(s) have been doing it for years now.... you are saying?

learn some biology? If i'm not mistaken (my bio is rusty) saline solution contain the same amount of salt as our blood. when it is injected to our body, our body keep its balance at the same time keeping people from dehydration. If they injected daily drinking water, the balance would be no more and it causes reverse osmosis to our blood cell and killing it.

LOL, the real victim is the prisoner? maybe i should rob a bank and ask my lawyer to use that argument, see if the judge would free me or let me rotten in prison.

Criminal is never the real victim unless he is proven to be frame (good luck with that)

If he dare to murder, he will deserve no mercy as he have no mercy to his\her victim.

i dont laugh at execution, i laugh at people being executed. they deserve it. you think i'm cruel? i just willing to see the dirty true. maybe you have more compassion then me. but for people who dare to murder others deserve no compassion nor mercy.

remember if you save a murderer, next time he escape, its victim could be you... let see how compassionate are you when he is killing you, robbing your life away from you.

19. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

About the rehydration, someone showed us in the army once, you do indeed use salt and also sugar.
    I cant remember exactly but im sure it will be online if you can be bothered to look

20. mr. awesome

Right, I thought so, but I just meant that the same shots in the same order with the same drugs are not given to animals.