1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you think cartoonetwork will redeem it self

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by j c 2000, Aug 1, 2010.

1. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Here in Canada, we see it a year (or several months) before Cartoon Network! Because it was made in Canada :)

2. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

yea

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Every other show comes out 2 years after it airs on CN, Teletoon is slow to buying the rights to these shows. And are retarded when it comes to buying only 2 seasons of the show, as opposed to all the seasons.

I honestly don't know how you guys watch this crap, honestly, the shows you guys are mentioning, that are good, suck too. It must be a generation thing, I bet you the kids nowadays like the shows that air on the channel now, and when they grow up, they'll bring up the same stuff you guys are bringing up.

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Excuse me? Name one of these shows thats "crap". Please do take note that some of us in this thread dont like Total Drama crap and Flapjack.

5. j c 2000

she doesnt like it either but she is probably a 90s and early 2000s kind of person right natewile

6. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

To be honest, I hate all of cartoon network shows except for Johnny Test. I used to watch CN in elementary when Dragonball Z used to come on toonami at 5:00. Ahh.. good times. And they also had Kids WB, which was pure epic except idk what happened to it.

7. j c 2000

it still comes on saturday at 9 to 12 or something

8. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

They STOLE JT from Public TV.

JT was also used in a news report on how kid's shows are becoming stupider on my local news station, NO JOKE.

Look, I was sort-of a 90s kid too. I mainly grew up with animaniacs, pinky and the brain, hysteria and the pokemon anime. I can clearly say that the one I remembered the most of was the pokemon anime, and it fackin BLEW. WHY did I remember it? They showed it every goddamn morning, afternoon and weekend. It was some popular shit. Then they stopped showing toons on mornings and added new ones to the afternoon. I remember one was this digimon: X years later spin off where the kids actually MUTATED into the mons to fight. That was fackin awesome. By 2003, they didn't show weekday toons anymore. By '08, there was no more weekend toons on FOX. All a ploy to sell cable, I think.

Billy and Mandy I actually do enjoy. Courage is so odd it's cool, sorta makes ya feel uncomfortable and surprised when watchin it. The older shows from CN were good, and the short-lived evil con carne was even funnier than B+M at times. It died, but at least they added some of the characters into B+M, like Skarr.

I also remember this ren-and-simpy-on-twice-as-much-crack show called cow and chicken that they used to run.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Honestly, I hate most of the HB cartoons back in the day (yes I hated all of them, including Flinstones, Tom and Jerry (Looney Toons did it much better), Yogi Bear), the only one I liked was Johnny Bravo. I don't have a taste in the terrible random humor, so Courage the Cowardly Dog or whatever; Ed, Edd n' Eddy I hate; Cow and Chicken I hated; Ren and Stimpy; Billy And Mandy (although this one is better than the rest) etc. That being said, I can't deny the influence that the HB cartoons had on that specific generation.

I honestly think you guys are confusing quality with nostalgia, I watched them when I was younger and never liked them. Most of the cartoons I watched when I was young was Ninja Turtles, The Tick, Loony Tunes, and that's about it, I didn't watch that much TV when I was young. That and the Warner Bros cartoons were usually better quality, in terms of animation, social commentary, and specific style This includes Pinky and the Brain, and Anamaniacs (which was a lot more influential in terms of social commentary, it made it unique).

As I said before, you guys are probably hating on the newer cartoons because they aren't tailored to your generation. They're tailored for the younger people, just like the cartoons you guys were accustomed to. Once these younger kids grow up, they'll have the same opinion on the newer TV shows on so and so channel because they aren't like the cartoons that they used to watch.

That ALL being said, my favorite show that happens to be a cartoon, is Clone High, probably the most exaggerated and ridiculous show I've ever watched.

10. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I wish it were like it was. But american cartoons are to far fetched and totally outrageous. I like Anime.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Because anime melodrama isn't far fetched and outrageous, amirite?

12. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

At least you could understand an actual storyline. U r such a critic >.< i like u :)

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I don't know, most plot driven anime story line gets extremely convoluted and confusing near the end. I hear this is the case with a lot of animes, that and include the animes with filler content and it just makes the convoluted story worse.

Don't get me wrong I like some animes (FMA, FMAB, FLCL, Chobits, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop), but unless the story is paced at a breakneck speed (like FMA:B) then the story gets all weird at the end (fuck, I remember the Trigun ending and 'twist' being the most confusing thing ever for some reason). Mix in anime conventions like cheese and melodrama and you have anime!1!!!1111

Seriously though, anime melodrama is stupid and so unrealistic. I'm not too sure if it's a cultural thing or what but it's unbearable at times.

14. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Trigun was so jumpy. it went into the future then the past then the future. I just gave up.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I loved it, it got confusing at times but the action and the humor kept it exciting for me.

Although the ending confused me, and the twist about them being plants made no fucking sense to me. Regardless, it's still good.

nao i plai halo, kkbi.

16. Corriger

Corriger Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwil5LWY4uU

Just by looking at that, I have gained a shred of hope for Cartoon Network.

17. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igfEbpyD8D0

Pedobear on CN? Damn, if this block is on during the day (kids block) they have just pulled of an epic animaniacs-esque censor mooning.

18. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

No, fuck that. Its not funny unless you get all the memes.

Also Symbionic Titan, it will make you believe.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Fuck Mad!

I hate that damn show!

20. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

I like MAD :(
    And I like the TD stuff (hence the username and picture) even though I haven't watched it in ages.
    To be honest, the only times I sit and watch their programing it's when an old cartoon (or MAD) is on, like Ed, Edd and Eddy or Courage.
    Other than that, I forget it exists.