1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do you think cartoonetwork will redeem it self

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by j c 2000, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I've been watching Adult Swim more since there are shittier and shittier shows on each season.

I really enjoy Squidbillies. :p

Mad is a good for a laugh or two and then it gets old. But it's rather annoying most of the time.

2. doughboy

doughboy Guest

CN has killed all the shows by adding "kids" (teenagers).
    They make them do all these moronic things, If I want to watch kids with no talent... thats what the Disney Channel is for.
    CN - im going to send a letter to Cartoon Network telling them that theyre name should be changed.
    I miss the old shows, but new cartoons such as Flapjack, Adventure Time are awesome.

3. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

that show is so crappy.

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Excuse me? Dude, its made by the same people who made Samurai Jack. Hell its better than a few anime that are out for the fall season.

5. Corriger

Corriger Well-Known Member

... Wait, what?

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I think CN began to die when this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAX4cgszCU&feature=related

7. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

I've never seen that before now, what a great ending for Toonami and the Cowboy Bebop like final quote was awesome.

8. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I wish all the good shows would come back. Even Naruto is better than this crap.

9. timmy1991

Well, nickelodeon brought back DBZ, which is pretty cool

DBZ was my main reason for watching Toonami... Weekdays at 6PM...

10. Corriger

Not Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon died and was replaced with Nick.

NickToons is the one that shows it.

11. timmy1991

eh, it's all the same to me :-\

12. CrashmanX

Symbionic Titan is written by the same guys who wrote Samurai Jack, if you liked Jack (Who doesn't?) then you'll more than likely like this. Its a fairly good show so far, I hope it turns out even better.

13. j c 2000

I love Samurai Jack but that show sucks.

14. CrashmanX

I'm sorry but I absolutly hate it when people say "Show X Sucks" without giving a reason. If you wish to tell me something is bad, tell me why.

15. j c 2000

First off the story has been done like 100 times before. Second the script is just terrible. Third they try to make the kid with black hair cool but fail at it terribly. I could keep going but i just don't care enough too.

16. CrashmanX

You sir seem to be looking at this show like a Movie Critic who just saw inception and said it was shit. The Story is simple yes, in truth there are only 7 real plot lines, dont believe me? Look at the series you watch, now look at the similarities. As far as Script goes, CARTOON. You sir seem to be missing that this show was not intended for High class individuals such as ourselves and we must look at it for what it is. Lastly, on the subject of the "kid with black hair", he's supposed to be generic. He's supposed to be rather campy and lame, did you even actually watch the first episode? When he comes out of the pod thing he's rather stupid, thats how he is. He's a joke on all those "Super cool" characters like in your avatar.

17. Corriger

.... I changed my mind.

After looking at some of these bumpers, and the BUMPERS alone, makes me realize how far CN has sunk.

A mere shrivel of hope isn't enough, I'm sorry to say. CN is gonna need a major overhaul if it is to ever measure up to the '90s show.
    Maybe they can start with bringing back Toonami >.>

18. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Cartoon Network over here in Australia is close to dreadful. It used to have some really good anime.

Today it's all Ben 10 and all the old crap. The best they can come up with here is 15 y/o episodes of Dragon Ball Z and filler episodes for Naruto.

19. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Cartoons will never redeem itself, now that there's flash, animators don't even need to animate anymore. They just have to create a bunch of loops and tweens.

20. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

CN in usa....aaagh, stoopid CN real. It sucks worse than Ben Ten. I dunno, every new show they've made seems so damn...cliche. I mean, for their action series like secret saturdays you got basic hero, energy ball shooting powers, love interest, rival, etc. and they're so AVERAGE they ain't worth seein. For the retarded shows you get...random...and that's about it. CN, what the hell.

Off-topic, seeing as a site higher up has Black Tower and Purple cube in his sig, guess that means they're affiliates I can link to when someone requests PS2 or GC isos here.

Nice.

Actually, I haven't tried tweens yet. I still do all my animation FBF. But I hear they're helpful.

The scripts are what suck. Rocky and Bullwinkle was probably one of the cheapest animated cartoons on TV, and it was still hilarious. It even predated the animaniacs by having the F word entendre-d into live TV.