1. This forum is in read-only mode.

gba rom on nds?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kenny6457, May 25, 2010.

1. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

But the GBA emulation on the SCDS2 is still a bit meh and the compatibility isn't perfect. Also, what is this patching you talk of? Yellow Wood Goblin is just as quick to release Wood R4 updates as any other cart's firmware, and the SCDS2's automatic AP bypassing seems to not work too well either.

2. jaimitovond

jaimitovond Well-Known Member

Ill leave it this way, you got 4 choices: 1.-Buy Ezflash 3-in-1 to play GBA Roms on your flashcart, no, we cant give it to you because Ez is a physical object, and as far as I can tell, teleportation is not possible yet. 2.- Buy SupercardDSTwo 3.-Get No$GBA or Visualboy advance to play the games on your comp 4.-Buy the original games. Either way, stop acting like a spoiled brat, stop cursing every 2 words and stop asking "but how can you do it without buying anything else" because there is no way

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I LOL'd. If it were possible I'd have shat brix. XD

It'd be like....
    "Scans with a 3D imager, takes apart, scans, goes to email, sends 'blahblah.scan', sends"

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its doable to an extent if you have a 3D scanner ($3k+) and a 3D printer ($several million), but it wouldnt work because the 3D printer would just produce a solid lump of plastic that looks like the cart.

5. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

totally agree with you...just google it for crying out loud and learn how this stuff works,its not that difficult once you grasp the idea of whats goin on....trolls need love too...

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Hmm....

I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't understand simple concepts like "Physical object" and "not possible without 3in1" and "No way without 3in1" and "Hacking doesn't fix it".

7. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

*removed*

8. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

NOOOOOO Don't do that, it'll give you herpes! It will also cost you money. And time. And it won't blow your mind.

9. Fredbox

No SNES yet and the GBA rom compatibility is still a bit dodgy. Emulation will never be as good as actually playing the game from slot-2. And the SCDS2 is very expensive.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I've been hearing things about the emulation that turns me away from the card entirely...

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

For commercial NDS games.

Appears to be decent, no one should be complaining anyway.

12. Fredbox

I was asking sarcastically (was to subtle?) because you don't have to patch any games to work on the original R4. It's really simple and easy if you have the right firmware.
    And as for the GBA emulation on the SCDS2, there are some games that just don't work at all, whilst others run slowly. While it may be impressive, it still can't beat running the games in their original environment (slot-2). So for the OP, who already has a flashcart that could be perfectly useful with the right firmware, it's not worth buying a new, quite expensive, flashcart just to play GBA games, when they could buy quite a cheap slot-2 cart to play them better. Have I missed anything?

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I wasn't meaning to complain, but I am still content on playing GBA on my PSP rather than spending $40 for an extra feature that I can already do on 3 other systems that I own.

14. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

This magical GBA emulation did come really late in the flash cart cycle. There is pretty much no point to it anymore. Picking up an EZflash would be easier, cheaper, and it is very compatible with most every GBA rom. $40 vs $20.....not too hard to decide.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but with the EZ Flash 3-in-1, you need a slot-1 card for it to work with it's full potential.
    But, with the SCDSTwo, you just need the slot-1 card and no additional hardware.

16. LuckyTrouble77

Still though, you can pick up a new Acekard2i for only $15 now. $15 + $20 = $35. Still less then buying the SCDS2.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

But with $5 more, then you can get the SCDSTwo. ;)

18. LuckyTrouble77

For $5 more, I can suffer sub-par GBA emulation! :D

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

True. XD

But I don't have a DS Lite... :(
    Only the DSi XL, so I'd have to go with the SCDSTwo...

20. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

dsi xl is like a mini laptop