1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How to fix corrupt pokemon saves (HG / SS)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cheesewizard, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Cheesewizard

Cheesewizard Well-Known Member

ok i understand your point and i shall add your idea to the guide. stating "this guide is only a quick way of getting back your Pokemon data without having to redo it. Please back up you data like "Insanecrazy07 has stated" this is the only future proof way in which to stop your game sav been corrupted and it saves you the hassle of having to follow this guide again."

is that ok. I fully understand your opinion though and i fully take it onboard. thank you for your contribution. as i wouldnt off put that on my guide, but i agree that it is the best method.

please dont take me as been sarcastic or anything. as i may sound in my posts :/

2. Broccolli1500

Broccolli1500 Member

so stupid question, but this pokesav works with poke SS and HG? I thought it only worked for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

3. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Right. I just got a corrupt file yesterday on SMT: Devil Survivor.

4. Cheesewizard

yes it does work with SS/HG

this one works with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/SS and HG i think. I'm pretty sure anyway. Because if you go to gym badges im sure it lists the diamond and pearl ones. that's why it doesn't save the changes because it detects you have a SS or HG file.

is that clearer?
    Post Merge: [time]1272037497[/time]
    hm cant help you there unfortunately. unless there is some sort of program out there like pokesav. if there was you could still use this guide i guess. But i dont think there is one cus its not that popular of a game

5. Cheesewizard

6. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

My problem even screws with the back up file. It sucks.

7. Cheesewizard

what do you mean? as in the clean sav you created

8. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Well when I used pokesav it messed up my sav so I can't load my save, and I don't know how to merge the clean sav and the corrupted one.

9. Cheesewizard

well copy ur messed up sav onto ur desktop. then start a new pokemon game and save so it creates a working sav. then follow the instructions to merge your messed up sav with your working save

10. hot-dani

hot-dani Member

thank u very much hope this helps me with soul silver on ttds

11. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Well Pokesav screwed up my sav file (Middle Finger to Pokesav) so basically nothing is right when I open my corrupt sav. I'm thinking that I should just give up because everyone is pretty much saying "Go screw yourself."

12. Cheesewizard

hm well i dont fully understand your problem, but i can try to help where i can but in your case im not sure what the problem us (apart from pokesav) it seems :/
    Post Merge: [time]1272489985[/time]
    i hope it helps you too :) i can safely say though, that i now have a working sav with all y previous items and pokemons. it made me happy indeed

13. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Since I'm on my mom's computer and my computer is in the shop, I can't post an image on what happened, but when it gets fixed I'll post it.

14. Cheesewizard

that would be good as id love to help you :)

15. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You must have done something totally off the wall to corrupt it so bad that it isn't readable. This is exactly why we make periodic backups.

If you do anything other than simply editing Pokemon box data, you're only asking for trouble, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

16. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Well what happened was that I didn't convert it thinking it was good as it was, but now I can't open my sav file even if I click revert and so far nobody has a fix for it. And when I converted No$GBA to VBA, it made a backup. Even the backup got messed up. I still have my corrupted my sav file, so I can upload it and someone can see what might be wrong if needed.

17. insanecrazy07

You're not using the right Pokesav file format. Needs to be 512 .SAV, preferably the CycloDS, R4, M3, Acekard type.
    Didn't we discuss this before?

18. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Yeah I know...but I can't convert my sav file because it always says the file upload has failed, and so far I don't know how to fix that. Should I just give up?

19. Cheesewizard

no dont give up....

erm wasnt there shunyweb converter. that converted any sav file to any other sav file

just so you know my corrupted sav file was 516 kb and my new working sav is 512kb

20. insanecrazy07

Speaking of which, couldn't you just take your "corrupted" save file and run it through the converter to see if it corrects the issue?