1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Martial arts

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Solus, Jun 11, 2008.

1. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the heads up. I will most definitely look into that.

2. tonyc6400

tonyc6400 New Member

jujitsu
    boxing
    wrestling
    rugby

3. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

I used to do arnis, but I quit (mainly due to laziness) :(

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eskrima+kali+arnis&search_type=&aq=f
    here are some videos if you're interested.

4. lilasian

lilasian Active Member

I forgot what type of karate i did but i was very close to black belt... i think i was purple when i quit.

5. Gamer000

Gamer000 Member

I like Bruce Lee style.

6. ryu776

ryu776 Active Member

Used to do shotokan karate. I was brown-one-stripe (or whatever you call it) then i quit for some odd reason...

7. triforce93

triforce93 Member

My friend taught me Judo. But it's useless because he taught me wrong moves.....
    He was expert at Judo by the way. He taught me the wrong thing on purpose hahaha.

8. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i want to learn martial arts but i don't how or where to start. maybe aikido to be able to defend myself. at weapons, it was my first time to handle a real gun, and it's a real heavy. i dropped it because i was too scared but i want to learn more of it =P

9. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

i have learn Silat martial art-this martial art came from indonesia-malaysia..it has the deadliest lock that could kill somebody only by lifting
    one of the finger..

10. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Blah blah blah....did you learn how to fight? or avoid a fight?

11. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

i think...fight of course!

12. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

i used to be a member of the purple dragon but after all the school work i was getting over a period i stop going training for like a month and never went back.(the real reason i never went back was because of my sensei-he's a really strict guy and like 5 time's my size and i was afraid he would make me spar with him for not telling him i was busy )

13. atrain

atrain Member

My fighting style would be Silat. Instead of using the "deadliest lock that could kill somebody only by lifting
    one of the finger," I normally just use it to remain stable when I'm fighting.

14. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

you mean like open 'kekuda'?..of course! that's why it was called self-defense!

15. CervantesHun

CervantesHun Member

Oh, I love the martial arts! My favorite, the jeet kun do. I learning wrestling (but not the smackdown still fake wrestling, the original greek w. ). Now I don't learn martial art, but if I have more free time , I begin the jeet kun do or the ninjutsu.

16. jukesy92

jukesy92 Member

I do a martial art known as san shang gong. My teacher basically lives martial arts 24/7. I have a one-to-one class, so we have developed a bond over the 2 years I have been attending. Basically, it's a mixture of all sorts. We have done kung fu, ti-chee (I might have splt that wrong), and and meditation. My best achievement is learning how to do a forward roll though. I learnt that about 4 weeks ago and it feels good. My teacher said that my school should have taught me to do a forward roll.
    For more information, you can visit www.the-marsta.co.uk and try to find anything mentioning aaron.

17. sickgenocide

sickgenocide Active Member

i lift weights and box. been boxing since i was 12 so almost 10 years now. boxing conditioning and training is tough. football and weight lifting were a big help for strength training. not sure if anyone is in to that kinda crap, so i wont go into much details, but to me, boxing is just as much a martial art as it is a sport. i fought orthodox, most people in ma gym are south paw. the last guy you wanna get punched by is a good boxer.

18. Adiraya

Adiraya Member

Wow.... so many martial arts enthusiasts here... That's good.

I like martial arts, or should I say I cant live without it. I've been learning since I was 8 years old (Shan dong gong fu), so I should say it is my martial arts basic. Then at 12 years old I started Aikikai Aikido (until now I'm 31 years old btw), I'm an instructor now in my dojo. However when I was 20 years old I learned another form of martial arts called Takeda ryu. It consists of Aikido (a different style than Aikikai), Ju kempo, Jo do, IAI do, and shuriken jutsu. It's actually more of a war technique, than martial arts. So I've been doing Takeda ryu for 11 years now going 12, and I'm currently the only instructor of Takeda ryu Nakamura ha in Asia and Australia (since the arts is not well spread outside of Japan, unlike Aikikai because Aikikai was popularized by Steven Seagal).

I did kickboxing as well when I was 21 years old to 22 years old on the side of learning Takeda ryu, while I was living in Melbourne, Australia. Although I didnt have the time to go pro since I got kicked out of the country (VISA issues because I overstayed for 6 months hahaha *was a really bad boy then, not fighting on the streets but because I work too much and illegally :p*). Still training kickboxing now, every Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings, with private instructor.

I held Aikikai Aikido classes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings.

And for Takeda Ryu classes are on Thursday nights at 7 pm (advanced class) and Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m.

If anyone is living in my city (Semarang, Indonesia) and wanted to join our classes and practice together (I need to practice also :D) please contact me through email or add my facebook.

email: [email protected]

facebook: same as above. facebook name: DeathRowiith. Please message me if I did not approve your facebook request, since I dont approve strangers easily.

19. gx280

gx280 Guest

Karate used to be a favourite for me, Until i got so bored of it i almost fell asleep in a lesson :0

20. flashSTRIKE

flashSTRIKE Active Member

i did shaolin for a few months, yeh the stuff that shaolin monks do. i got to the second belt then quit, because they were talking viet to me and i dont understand viet T___T

so now i learn tricking from a friend of mine :D

heres one of his vids, he's one of them peoples :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSzHtML5BsU&feature=player_embedded